“CLOUD…..CLOUD …..” become the buzzwords for the research field. The cloud has been provided by the service providers like Microsoft, Google, Rackspace, and IBM. These services are given to the users for pay-per-use concept. The term “Cloud computing” was first coined after the thought that services and applications are deployed into the internet “cloud”. It is not the word something got instantly by one night; it has got by the ancestors of time sharing, web based systems, peer-to-peer networks. The cloud consumers can get all the benefits from the cloud service provider and whenever they don’t want the services they can relieve from it. Then the providers will measure the service and produce the charges based on the consumption. The cloud service providers are having the characteristics like rapid elasticity, measure service, security, extended network access, resource pooling. The services given to users can be affected by many issues like security, service level agreement, and multi-level tenancy. This paper gives the review on the load balancing concepts, what are the previous methods to balance the traffic, issues in load balancing and its types. This paper also reviews the various techniques in load balancing cloud environment.
M. Ramya, Dr. D. Ravindran
Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Load Balancing, Static Algorithm, Dynamic Algorithm.
- Bhaskar Prasad Rimal, Eunmi Choi, Ian Lumb, "A Taxonomy and Survey of Cloud Computing Systems", IEEE, 2009.
- Sushil Kumar, Deepak Singh Rana, Sushil Chandra Dimri, "Fault Tolerance and Load Balancing algorithm in Cloud Computing: A survey", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, ISSN (Online) 2278-1021, ISSN (Print) 2319-5940, July 2015.
- Tejinder Sharma, Vijay Kumar Banga, "Efficient and Enhanced Algorithm in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, March 2013.
- Fahimeh Ramezani • Jie Lu, Farookh Khadeer Hussain, "Task-Based System Load Balancing in Cloud Computing Using Particle Swarm Optimization", Springer, 2014.
- Hardi S. Sanghavi, Dr. Tejas P. Patali, "Load Balancing Algorithms For The Cloud Computing Environment: A Review", Journal Of Information, Knowledge And Research In Computer Engineering, ISSN: 0975 – 6760, Oct 15.
- Amritpal Singh, "A Review of Existing Load Balancing Techniques in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology, Volume 4 Issue 7, July 2015.
- Mayanka Katyal, Atul Mishra, "A Comparative Study of Load Balancing Algorithms in Cloud Computing Environment", International Journal of Distributed and Cloud Computing Volume 1 Issue 2 December 2013.
- Maram Mohammed Falatah1, Omar Abdullah Batarfi, "Cloud Scalability Considerations", International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Survey, Vol.5, No.4, August 2014.
- Subhadra Bose Shaw, Dr. A.K. Singh, "A Survey on Scheduling and Load Balancing Techniques in Cloud Computing Environment", International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), ©2014 IEEE.
- Abhijit Aditya, Uddalak Chatterjee and Snehasis Gupta, "A Comparative Study of Different Static and Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithm in Cloud Computing with Special Emphasis on Time Factor", International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, E-ISSN 2277 – 4106, P-ISSN 2347 – 5161 ©2015.
- Nadeem Shah, Mohammed Farik, "Static Load Balancing Algorithms In Cloud Computing: Challenges & Solutions", International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 4, Issue 10, October 2015, ISSN 2277-8616.
- Rajyashree, Vineet Richhariya, "Double Threshold Based Load Balancing Approach by Using VM Migration for the Cloud Computing Environment", International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science ISSN: 2319-7242, Volume 4 Issue 1 January 2015.
- Po-Huei Liang, Jiann-Min Yang, "Evaluation Of Two-Level Global Load Balancing Framework In Cloud Environment", International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology, Vol 7, No 2, April 2015.
- M.Kriushanth, Dr. L. Arockiam, "Load Balancer Behavior Identifier (LoBBI) for Dynamic Threshold Based Auto-scaling in Cloud", International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics, Jan. 08 – 10, 2015.
- Akshada Bhujbal, Prajakta Jakate, Manasi Wagh, Madhura Pise, Prof.M.V.Marathe, "Load Balancing Model in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Emerging Engineering Research and Technology Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2015, PP 1-6 ISSN 2349-4395 (Print) & ISSN 2349-4409 (Online).
- Radha Ramani Malladi, "An Approach to Load Balancing In Cloud Computing", International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN (Online): 2319 – 8753, Vol. 4, Issue 5, May 2015.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Ramya, Dr. D. Ravindran, "Load Balancing in Cloud Computing : A Survey", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.317-322, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162472.php