The basic role of couplings is to join two parts of rotating elements while permitting some degree of misalignment or end movement or both. by cautious selection, establishment and support of couplings, generous reserve funds can be made in decreased maintenance cost and downtime. Presently Oldham’s coupling and Universal joints are used for parallel offset power transmission and angular offset transmission. These joints have limitations on maximum offset distance ,angle & speed and result in vibrations and low efficiency (below 70%). The three pin constant velocity joint is an alteration in design that offers upto 18 mm parallel offset and 21 degree angular offset ,at high speeds upto 2000 or 2500 rpm at 90% efficiency. This design lowers cost of production, space requirement and simply technology of manufacture as compared to present CVJ in market.
Ruchira Mahajan, Prof. R. S. Shelke
:- 3-pin constant velocity joint, Parallel offset, Angular offset, Power Transmission, Von-mises stress
- Tae-Wan Ku , Lee-Ho Kim , Beom-Soo Kang , "Multi-stage cold forging and experimental investigation for the outer race of constant velocity joints", Materials and Design 49 (2013) 368–385
- Chul-Hee Lee 1, AndreasA.Polycarpou, "A phenomenological friction model of tripod constant velocity (CV) joints", Tribology International 43 (2010) 844–858
- K.S. Park , B.J. Kim, Y.H. Moon, "Development of a ball groove measuring system for forged outer race constant velocity (CV) joints, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 191 (2007) 145–148"
- Jian Mao,1 Yuanxin Luo,2 and Jun Liu3, Research Article "Dynamics Performance and Abrasive Wear of the Automotive Drive Shaft"’, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Advances in Mechanical Engineering Volume 2014, Article ID 713824, 9 pages
- Katsumi Watanabe,Takashi Matsuura, Kinematic "Analyses of Rzeppa Constant Velocity Joint by Means of Bilaterally Symmetrical Circular-Arc-Bar Joint
- Nishant Ramesh Wasatkar*, Prof. Ashwin K. Mahindrakar, "A review on design, development, testing and optimization of thompson cv joint with brass and phosphor bronze as trunnion material", IJESRT Wasatkar, 4(1): January, 2015
- Rahul N. Yerrawar, Vinod B.Tungikar, Shravan H.Gawande, Finite Element Analysis of Dynamic Damper for CV Joint, Energy and Power Engineering, 2012, 4, 241-247
- M.M. Mohammadi and M.H.Sadeghi., numerical and experimental investigation of forging process of a cv joint outer race, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied SciencesISSN: 2076-734X, EISSN: 2076-7366 Volume 2, Issue 1(January 2010)
- Majid Yaghoubi*, Ali Jafary, Seyed Saeid Mohtasebi, Design, simulation and evaluation of a new universal joint with intersecting angle up to 100 degrees for farm machineries, AJAE 1(4):149-152 (2010)
- S. Hariharan, S. Yuvaraj, Dynamic Analysis of Cardan Joints for Improving Its Performance and Life Expectancy, The International Journal Of Science & Technoledge (ISSN 2321 – 919X)
- Research Update, Printed: April, 2000,ISSN 1188-4770, Group 12 (h) 743 U-Joints versus Constant Velocity Joints: what's the best choice for a driveline?
- Design of machine elements, v b. bhandari
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ruchira Mahajan, Prof. R. S. Shelke, "Design and analysis of Three Pin Constant Velocity Joint for Parallel and Angular Power Transmission", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.15-22, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET16248.php