Communication is the most important part of human life. Deaf and dump people face many problems while communicating with the normal people. They interact with help of sign language, but these sign language is not understood by the common people. speech impaired people experiences many challenges while communicating. Solution to this problem is provided in this paper. we proposed a system which uses flex sensor and accelerometer to sense the hand gesture. Indian sign language is used for recognizing the words. The sensors are placed on the data gloves. The signals are processed using AVR controller, which are play backed in form of voice using play back voice module. Additionally a feature of wireless robotic ARM is also provided.
Anagha Jadhav, Mandar Joshi
Flex Sensor, Speech Impaired People, Robotic Arm, Indian Sign Language.
- Y. Park, J. Lee, and J. Bae,"Development of Wearable Sensing Glove for Measuring the Motion of Fingers Usin Linear Potentiometers and Flexible Wires"IEEE Transactions On Industrial Informatics, Vol. 11, No. 1, February 2015,pp.198-206.
- Mrs.N.Harish, Dr.S.Poonguzhali "Design and development of hand gesture recognition system for speech impaired people"IEEE International Conference on Industrial Instrumentation and Control, May- 2015
- W. Tangsuksant, "American Sign Language Recognition by Using 3D Geometric Invariant Feature and ANN Classification", IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, 2014
- K. Tadano, M. Akai,"Development of Grip Amplified Glove using Bi-articular Mechanism with Pneumatic Artificial Rubber Muscle"IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2010
- M.Nishiyama and K.Watanabe,"Wearable Sensing Glove With Embedded Hetero-Core Fiber-Optic Nerves for Unconstrained Hand Motion Capture"IEEE Transactions On Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 58, No.12,pp. 3995-4000,December 2009
- Y. Li, "A Sign-Component-Based Framework for Chinese Sign Language Recognition Using Accelerometer and sEMG Data"IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 59, No. 10,pp.2695-2704,Octoboer 2012.
- P. Subha Rajam, Dr. G. Balakrishnan,"Real Time Indian Sign Language Recognition System to aid Deaf-dumb People", IEEE International conference, 2011
- S. Sidney Fels and G.E.Hinton,"Glove TalkIIA Neural-Network Interface which Map Gestures to Parallel Formant Speech Synthesizer Controls"IEEE Transactions On Neural Network, Vol. 8, No. 15,,pp.977 September1997
- C.S. Fahn and H. Sun,"Development of a Data Glove With Reducing Sensors Based on Magnetic Induction"IEEE Transactions On Industrial Electronics, Vol.No.52,pp.585-594, April 2005
- S. Ueki,"Development of a Hand-Assist Robot With Multi-Degrees of-Freedom for Rehabilitation Therapy"IEEE Transactions On Mechatronics, Vol 17 No.1,pp.136-146, Februrary 2012.
- Geetha M, R. Menon,"Gesture Recognition for American Sign Language with Polygon Approximation"IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education,2011
- C. S. Weerasekera, M. H. Jaward, and N. Kamrani "Robust ASL Fingerspelling Recognition Using Local Binary Patterns And Geometric
- Features"IEEE International Conference,2013
- Y. Park, J. Lee, and J. Bae,"Development of a Finger Motion Measurement System using Linear Potentiometers"IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, 2014
- K. Li, I-M.chen, S. H. Yeo,"Design and Validitaion of a Multi-Finger Sensing Device on Optical Linear Encoder"IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation,May 2010,pp.3629-3634.
- H. Al-Osman,"E-Glove: An electronic glove with vibro –Tactile feedback for wrist rehabilition of post –stroke patients"IEEE International conference 2011.
- C. Preetham, G. Ramakrishnan."Hand Talk-Implmentation of a Gesture Recognition Glove",IEEE Conference on Txas Instruments 2013
- P.S. Rajam, Dr.G.Balakrishnan,"Real Time Sign Language Recognition system to aid Deaf dump People",IEEE International Conference,2011.
- Y. Khambaty, S. Nehal,"Cost Effective Portable System for Sign
- Language Gesture Recognition"IEEE conference 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Anagha Jadhav, Mandar Joshi, "AVR based Robotic Arm for Speech Impaired People", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.310-316, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162482.php