Recently Austenitic stainless steel AISI-321 finding many applications like Automotive, Aerospace, Nuclear, Chemical and Cryogenics. The proposed work takes the following input processes parameters namely Work speed, feed rate and depth of cut. The main objective of this work is to predict the grinding behavior and achieve optimal operating processes parameters. A software package may be utilized which integrates these various models to simulate what happens during surface grinding processes. Predictions from this work will be further analyzed by calibration with actual data. It involves many variables such as depth of cut, work speed, feed rate, chemical composition of work piece, etc. The main aim of any machining process is to maximize the Metal Removal Rate (MRR) and to minimize the surface roughness (Ra). In order to optimize these values Taguchi method, ANOVA is used.
Avinash S. Jejurkar, Vijay L. Kadlag
Austenitic stainless steel, surface grinding, Taguchi, S/N ratio ANOVA, Optimization
- Mustafa Kemal Külekcý., Analysis of process parameters for a surface-grinding process based on the taguchi method,2013.,SSN 1580-2949 MTAEC9, 47(1)105
- Gaurav Upadhyay, Ramprasad, Kamal Hassan., Optimization of Metal Removal Rateon Surface Grinding For Is 319 Brass Using Taguchi Method,Vol. 5, Issue 6, ( Part -3) June 2015, pp.63-67.
- K Mekala1,J Chandradas. “Optimization of Surface Grinding Parameters Of Austenitic Stainless Steel Rods (Aisi 316) By Taguchi Method”. IJMERR 2014.
- M.S. Sukumar,P.Venkata Ramaiah. A. Nagarjuna, Optimization and Prediction of Parameters in Face Milling of Al-6061 Using Taguchi and ANN Approach,GCMM 2014.
- M.Aravind, Dr.S.Periyasamy. Optimization of Surface Grinding Process Parameters By Taguchi Method And Response Surface Methodology, IJERT Vol. 3 Issue 5, May – 2014.
- Pawan Kumar,Anish Kumar,Balinder Singh., Optimization of Process Parameters in Surface Grinding Using Response Surface Methodology.,2013 IJRMET Vol. 3.
- Reddy Sreenivasulu.,Optimization of Surface Roughness and Delamination Damage of GFRP Composite Material in End Milling using Taguchi Design Method and Artificial Neural Network., 2013,IConDM.
- Kamaldeep Singh,Dr. Beant Singh,“Experimental Investigation of Machining Characteristics of AISI D3 Steel with Abrasive Assisted Surface Grinding”.IRJET,2015 Volume: 02 Issue: 04.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Avinash S. Jejurkar, Vijay L. Kadlag, "Process Parameter Optimization of Surface Grinding for AISI 321 by Using Taguchi Method ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.41-45, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET16249.php