In the development of recent technologies, a biometrics system has been the important affordable and more reliable system. A Biometrics identification system refers to the automatic recognition of individual person based on their characteristics. Basically biometrics system has two broad areas namely unimodal and multimodal biometric system. In Unimodal system it has some disadvantage due to its lack of non- universality and unacceptable error rate. To overcome the Unimodal challenging issues, Multimodal is the better system for its two or three level of identification and verification. In this paper multimodal biometrics system characteristics are studied with various biometrics traits. The proposed system uses a multibiometric approach for authenticating a person. The multibiometric system comprises of multimodal (iris, fingerprint and face) and multi algorithm (Iterative Parallel Thinning Algorithm, Fuzzy Pattern Based with Laplacianfaces, Optimized Daugman Algorithm) biometrics whose recognition rate will be calculated separately using GAR, FAR and FRR scores. Finally the matching scores of both the methods will be fused to find the final recognition rate which will prove that multibiometric system provides high accuracy in recognizing a person and highly secured against spoofing attacks.
U. Supriya, G. Divya Sri, M. Kalaiselvi, K.R.Karthekk
Unimodal, Multimodal, Recognition, Spoofing, FAR, FRR, GAR.
- Mohana Prakash, P.Betty, K.Sivanarulselvan, "Fusion of Multimodal Biometrics using Feature and Score Level Fusion", ISSN (Online):2394-6237, Volume 2: Issue 4: April 2016, pp 52-56.
- Padma Polash Paul, Marina L. Gavrilova, and RedaAlhajj ?Decision fusion for multimodal biometrics using social network analysis? IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics: systems, vol. 44, no. 11, november 2014.
- Gopal, Dr.R.K. Selvakumar, "Multimodal Biometric Identification System - An Overview", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 33 Number 7- March 2016.
- Aggithaya et al., "A Multimodal biometric authentication system based on 2D and 3D palmprint features", Proc. of SPIE Vol. 6944 69440C-1- 2012.
- Ashraf Aboshosha , Kamal A. El dahshan, Ebeid A. Ebeid, Eman K. Alsayed, "Fusion of Fingerprint, Iris and Face Biometrics at Decision Level", ISSN: 2277 128X, Volume 5, Issue 2, February 2015.
- Byungjun Son and Yillbyung Lee. 2005. Biometric authentication system using reduced joint feature vector of iris and face. In audio-and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pages 513–522. Springer.
- Heng Fui Liau and Dino Isa. 2011 Feature selection for support vector machine-based face-iris multimodal biometric system. Expert Systems with Applications, 38(9):11105–11111.
- Ajit Kumar Tiwari, Shrikant Lade, "Fuzzy Pattern-Based with Laplacianfaces Biometric Pattern Matching Algorithm for Face Recognition", ISSN: 0976-849, IJCST Vol. 6, ISSue 1, Jan - MarCh 2015.
- Jianjun Qian, Jian Yang, Yong Xu, "Local StructureBased Image Decomposition for Feature Extraction With Applications to Face Recognition", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 22, Issue 9, 2013, pp. 3591-3603.
- Goranin and A. Cenys, "Evolutionary Algorithms Application Analysis in Biometric Systems", Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review 3 (1) (2010) 70-79.
- Abbazio, S. Perez, D. Silva, R. Tesoriero, F. Penna and R. Zack, Proc. Student-Faculty Research Day, CSIS, New York, USA, pp. C1.1-C1.8 (2009).
- André Aichert, "Feature extraction techniques", January 9, 2008.
- Khattab M. Ali Alheet, "Biometric Iris Recognition Based on Hybrid Technique" International Journal on Soft Computing (IJSC) Vol.2, No.4, November 2011.
- Chaohong Wu, "Advanced Feature Extraction Algorithms for Automatic Fingerprint Recognition Systems", April 2007.
- Prateek Verma, Maheedhar Dubey, Praveen Verma3 Somak Basu, "Daughman?S Algorithm Method For Iris Recognition-A Biometric Approach", ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2012
- Kalyan Veeramachaneni, Lisa Ann Osadciw, and Pramod K. Varshney , "An Adaptive Multimodal Biometric Management Algorithm" IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics—part c: applications and reviews, vol. 35, no. 3, august 2005.
- Li, R. Chu, S. Liao, and L. Zhang, ?Illumination invariant face recognition using near-infrared images?, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 627–639, 2007.
- PP Chitte, JG Rana, RR Bhambare, VA More, RA Kadu, and MR Bendre. 2012. Iris recognition system using ica, pca, daugmans rubber sheet model together. International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering, 2(1):16–23.
- Ross and R. Govindarajan, "Feature Level Fusion Using Hand and Face Biometrics", In Proceeding of SPIE Conference on Biometrics Technology for Human Identification, volume 5779, Florida, U.S.A., March 2005, pp.196-204.
- Faizan Ahmad, Aaima Najam and Zeeshan Ahmed, "Image Ima Imaggee Image--based Face Detection and Recognition" IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 6, No 1, November 2012 ISSN (Online): 1694-0814.
- Zain S. Barham Supervised by: Dr. Allam Mousa, Fingerprint Recognition using MATLAB Graduation project.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
U. Supriya, G. Divya Sri, M. Kalaiselvi, K.R.Karthekk, "An Efficient Human Authentication Using Multibiometric Approach for High Accuracy in Recognition Rate", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.364-368, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1625100.php