Wireless Sensor Networks consists of sensors which are distributed in an ad hoc manner. Various security mechanisms such as cryptography, authentication, confidentiality, and message integrity, have been proposed to avoid security threats such as message replay, and fabrication of messages. The existing system uses distributed Low-Storage Clone Detection protocol (LSCD) for WSNs. This protocol designs a detection route along the perpendicular direction of a known path with known nodes deployed in a ring path. However, in this a powerful adversary can also replicate node IDs, which leads to the need for improved clone detection. In order to overcome this, distributed hash table (DHT) based clone detection protocol is proposed that provides a checking system is constructed to catch cloned nodes. The protocol’s completion on memory consumption and a critical security metric are theoretically deduced through a probability model. The DHT-based protocol can catch node clone with the high- security level and holds strong resistance against adversary’s attacks.
K. Sindhukavi, P. Brundha, P. J. Beslin Pajila
Wireless Sensor Network Security, Clone Detection Protocol, Distributed Hash Table
- Liu, A. Liu, and S. He, "A novel joint logging and migrating traceback scheme for achieving low storage requirement and long lifetime in WSNs," AEU Int. J. Electron. Commun., vol. 69, no. 10, pp. 1464–1482, Oct. 2015.
- Luo, L. Zhou, and H. Wen, "Lightweight and effective detection scheme for node clone attack in wireless sensor networks," IET Wireless Sensor Systems, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 137-143, Sept. 2011.
- Zeng, J. Cao, S. Zhang, S. Guo, and L. Xie,” Random-walk based approach to detect clone attacks in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE
- Select. Areas Commun., vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 677-691, Jun. 2010.
- Conti, R. Di Pietro, L. V. Mancini, and A. Mei, "Distributed detection of clone attacks in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Comput., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 685-698, Sep. 2011.
- Zhu, S. Setia, S. Jojodia, S. Roy, and L. Wang, "Localized multicast: efficient and distributed replica detection in large-scale sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions Mobile Comput., vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 913-926, Jul. 2012.
- Jiang, A. Liu, Y. Hu, and Z. Chen, "Lifetime maximization through dynamic Ring-based routing scheme for correlated data collecting in WSNs," Comput. Electr. Eng., vol. 41, pp. 191–215, Jan. 2015.
- T. Zhu, "Node replication attacks in wireless sensor networks: bypassing the neighbor-based detection scheme," in NCIS Int. Conf., 2011, pp. 156-160.
- Ho, M. Wright, and S. K. Das, "Fast detection of mobile replica node attacks in wireless sensor networks using sequential hypothesis testing," IEEE Trans. on Mobile Comput., vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 767-782, Jun. 2011.
- Ho, M. Wright, and S. K. Das, "Distributed detection of mobile malicious node attacks in wireless sensor networks," Ad Hoc Netw., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 512–523, May. 2012.
- Zheng, A. Liu, L. Cai, Z. Chen, and X. Shen, "Energy and memory efficient clone detection in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions Mobile Comput. 2015.
- Mianxiong Dong, Kaoru Ota, Laurence T.Yang,Miyi Guo, “A low storage clone detection protocol for cyber physical system” IEEE Transaction computer aided design., 2015.
- Naruephiphat, Y. S. Ji, and C. Charnsripinyo, "An area-based approach for node replica detection in wireless sensor networks," in TrustCom Int. Conf., 2012, pp 745-750.
- Liu, X. Jin, G. Cui, and Z. Chen, "Deployment guidelines for achieving maximum lifetime and avoiding energy holes in sensor network," Inf. Sci., vol. 230, pp. 197-226, May 2013.
- Dong, K. Ota, A. Liu, and M. Guo, "Joint optimization of lifetime and transport delay under reliability constraint wireless sensor networks," IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 225-236, 2016.
- Huo, S. Mohammed, J. C. Moreno, and Y. Amirat, "Mobile target detection in wireless sensor networks with adjustable sensing frequency," IEEE Systems Journal, pp. 1–14, 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
K. Sindhukavi, P. Brundha, P. J. Beslin Pajila, "An Efficient Cloning Detection Protocol Using Distributed Hash Table for Cyber-Physical System in WSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.481-486, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1625111.php