In Internet of Things (IOT), the smart home is an application developed by connecting several home appliances and devices with each other. The controlling and managing of all devices by using a single remote controller becomes a complexity process. The main challenge is to reduce the power consumption when large home appliances are linked together. This paper provides a brief discussion about communication protocols, sensors, controllers, and appliances, which are widely used for the implementation of the smart home.
M. Gowsalyaa, V. Kanimozhi, T. Mohanapriya, M. Brindha Devi
Internet of Things, Smart Home, Remote Controllers
- -F. Lai, M. Chen, M. Qiu, A. V. Vasilakos and J. H. Park, "An RF4CE-based remote controller with interactive graphical user interface applied to the home automation system," ACM Trans. Embed. Comput. Syst., vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1–19, Feb. 2013.
- -P. Sung, C.-M. Kao, and R. Chen, "Research and design of touch screen domestic universal remote controller with self-learning function," Appl. Mech. Mater., vol. 599–611, pp. 1028–1031, Aug. 2014.
- -Y. FanJiang and T.-F. Chueh, "Adaptive user interface for the universal remote controller," Int. J. Comput. Sci. Eng., vol. 10, no. 1–2, pp. 90–97, Feb. 2015.
- S. Alamgir, S. M. A. Z. Chowdhury, and K. T. Ahmmed, "Development of a PoE switch based remote control system for controlling home and office appliances with data communication facility," Int. J. Control Autom., vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 103–110, Jan. 2015.
- Kabilan, H. N. Askar, P. N. Anand, S. Manimaran, and G. Venkatesh, "Facebook based home appliances security control and monitoring using a microcontroller," Asia Pac. J. Res., vol. 1, no. XXV, pp. 19–25, Mar. 2015.
- Y. Tung, K. F. Tsang, H. C. Tung, K. T. Chui, and H. R. Chi, "The design of dual radio ZigBee homecare gateway for remote patient monitoring," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 59, no. 4, pp.756–764, Nov. 2013.
- Kim, H. Lee, and Y. Chung, "Advanced universal remote controller for home automation and security," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 2537–2542, Nov. 2010.
- Han, H. Lee, and K.-R. Park, "Remote-controllable and energy-saving room architecture based on ZigBee communication," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 264–268, Feb.2009.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Gowsalyaa, V. Kanimozhi, T. Mohanapriya, M. Brindha Devi, "A Survey on Intelligent Controller System for Home Automation System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.143-145, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1625122.php