The operating system in our computer machines have changed a lot during the course of time, where in the initial stage of their development they were used to process a single task (process) at a time but now, in the era of supercomputers we have multiprogramming operating system running in our machines. At present we have a number of scheduling algorithms which are used to decide the order in which the processes loaded into the memory are to be executed. But none of the conventional scheduling algorithms is ideal, they have their own drawbacks. In this paper, an advanced fuzzy-based logic has been proposed for soft real time system toovercome the drawbacks of other algorithms for better CPU utilization and to minimize waiting, turn-around and response time. The proposed algorithm is preemptive in nature with minimum context switching and work to complete process within its deadline.
S. Saravana Kumar
Fuzzy logic, CPU scheduling, soft real time system deadline, preemptive process deadline, Dynamic priority
- Sankar K. Pal and Deba Pras ad Mandal,” fuzzy logic and approximate reasoning: an overview”, Electronics and Communication Science Unit , Indian statistical institute, Calcutta 700 035, India
- Shatha J. Kadhim and Kasim M. Al-Aubidy,” Design and Evaluation of a Fuzzy-Based CPScheduling Algorithm”, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- S. Behera, RatikantaPatta nayak, PriyabrataMallick,”An Improved Fuzzy-Based CPU Sc heduling (IFCS) Algorithm for Real Time Systems”, Internatio nal Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-1, March 2012
- PrernaAjmaniand ManojSethi,” Proposed Fuzzy CPU Scheduling Algorithm (PFCS) for Real Time Operating Systems”, BIJIT - BVICAM ’s International Journal of Information Technology Bha atiVidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and M anagement (BVICAM), New Delhi (INDIA)
- Vikash Chandra Sharma, Pri yadarshini, Ajay Chaudhary, Manindarsinghnehra,” CPU Scheduling Algorithm with Deadline and Optimize Time Sl ce for soft real time systems”, international journal of enhance d research in management & computer applications
- RajaniKumari, Vivek Kumar Sharma, Sandeep Kumar,” Design and Implementation o f Modified Fuzzy basedCPU Scheduling Algorithm”, Intern ational Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 77 – No. 17, September 2013
- M. M. Fahmy,” A fuzzy algorithm for scheduling non-periodic jobs on soft real-time single processor system”, Ain Shams Engineering Journal (2010)
- Patricia Balbastre, Ismael Ripoll and Alfons Crespo,” Minimum deadline calculation for periodic real-time tasksin dynamic priority systems”, S panish Government Research Office (CICYT)
- Mamdani E. H., Assilian S, “An experiment in linguistic synthesis with a fuzzy logic controller”, InternationalJournal of Man-Machine Studies, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1975.
- William Stallings : Operating Systems 5th Edition. Pearson Education India, 2006.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. Saravana Kumar, "Improved CPU Utilization using Advanced Fuzzy Based CPU Scheduling algorithm (AFCS)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.76-81, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1625223.php