Today's world is often considered as always on the wheel world which depicts a peculiarity that it is very dynamic, each second plays a pivotal role in changing the business scenario, consumers are now effectively aware of their rights and duties towards the society which in turn points towards the business, telling them the fact that now he is no more a dumb customer only. He is equally concerned about the environment and supports the missions of business in the process. They very often look around themselves various adds, hoardings etc asking them to protect the environment by 3R’s or by using eco friendly packaging, jute packets etc. this change has also led towards the change in consumption pattern of the individuals e.g.- use of eco friendly crackers in diwali etc. these changes are made in alignment with an urge to protect the natural environment for the coming generation. There are numerous amount of literature available on the topic. Our objective was to see that really green marketing of products helps a big deals to the business firms, for this purpose we choose descriptive research design, data has been collected through secondary sources. Data has been further analyzed and it was found that though it could be often concluded that- it can be called as a miraculous gizmo but to some extent only as if only influences the consumer awareness and not his buying behavior in majority of cases.
Shikha Tripathi, Dr. Taruna, Dr. Kushendra Mishra
Environment, Consumers, Green Marketing.
- Ottman, Jacquelyn. 1993. Green Marketing: Challenges and Opportunities for the New Marketing Age. Lincolnwood, Illinois: NTC Business Books.
- Kotler, Philip. Marketing Management – The Millennium Edition Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi.
- "Green Marketing" (2010, March 29). Journal: Business Practices.
- A Ottman,. et al, "Avoiding Green Marketing Myopia", Environment, Vol-48, June-2006.
- Mathur, L.K., Mathur, I. (2000).An Analysis of the wealth effect of green marketing strategies, Journal of Business Research, 50(2), 193-200.
- M. Ginsberg and P. N. Bloom, ?Choosing the Right Green Marketing Strategy, MIT Sloan Management Journal, fall 2004: 79–84.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shikha Tripathi, Dr. Taruna, Dr. Kushendra Mishra, "Is Green Marketing really a Miraculous Gizmo in the Hands of Green Marketing Personnel- Myths & Facts", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.103-106, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162530.php