With the heavy demand in plastic products, plastic industries are growing in a faster rate. Plastic injection moulding begins with mould making and manufacturing of intricate shape with good dimensional accuracy. To meet such requirements it is very important to adopt various advance technologies for the development of injection moulded components. This study deals with Design and Mould Flow Analysis of an automatic plastic injection mould for production of Luggage Bag Wheel. Plastic wheels, commonly used in standard bags, suitcases are manufactured by the injection moulding process all around the world. This wheel is manufactured in three steps. The material used for wheel is Polypropylene (PP) for inner core and Thermoplastic Elastomer - Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) for the Wheel Tyre. Guide bush is used which acts as a sleeve is made by material Derlyin (Polyacetal). Modelling is done by using Unigraphics (NX6.0). The elements of injection moulding tool are designed and analyzed by Mould Flow Analysis software. A Design of Experiments (DOE) of the moulding process parameters is used to identify key moulding parameters by analysing a multi cavity injection system.
Sonali D. Mate, Prof. V. L. Kadlag
Luggage Bag Wheel, Mould, Injection Moulding, Mould Flow Analysis, Unigraphics.
- PankajShakkarwal and LipinYadav “Design and Mould Flow Analysis of Injection Mould for Connecting Link” International Journal on Emerging Technologies 4(1):182-185-(2013).
- PravinPopatraoShinde S. S. Patil, Swapnil S. Kulkarni “Design and Development of Plastic Injection Mould for Auto Component” Shinde et al, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies E-ISSN2249-8974.
- H AdithyaBhat, SandeepSubramaniam, Arvind K. Pillai, Edu Krishnan L, M. Elangovan “ Analysis and Design of Mould for Plastic Side Release Buckle using Mould flow Software” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology eISSN: 2319-116, pISSN: 2321-7308.
- MohdJamsheedMdAaqibRamhan, M. A. Moyeed G. M. Sayeed Ahmed “Design and Analysis of Plastic Injection Mould for Cam Bush with Submarine Gate” 4th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterisation (ICMPC 2015).
- Rishi Pareek, JaiprakashBhamniya “Optimization of Injection Moulding Process usingTaguchi and ANOVA” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 1, January-2013 ISSN 2229-5518.
- Madhukumar K., Sampathkumar L., Nataraj M. N., Kumarswamy R., “Design of Plastic Injection Mould Tool for Air filter Box Bottom” Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru-562157.
- Anil Kumar. K, Y. Suresh Babu “Design and Analysis of Industrial Helmet” International Journal Of Computational Engineering Research (ijceronline.com) Vol. 3 Issue.
- V.H and Ramesh Babu K “Design Development and Analysis of Manifold and Coupler Body of Air Inflator Product” International Journal of Engineering Research Volume No.3, Issue No.7, pp: 438-441.
- JagannathaRao M B, Dr.Ramni“Analysis of Plastic Flow in Two Plate Multi Cavity Injection Mould for Plastic Component for Pump Seal” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 8, August 2013 ISSN 2250-3153.
- YousefAmer, Mehdi Moayyedian, Zeinab Hajiabolhasani, and Lida Moayyedian “Improving Injection Moulding Processes Using Experimental Design” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Vol:7 2013-03-28.
- S.S. Imihezria, S.M. Sapuan, S. Sulaiman, M.M. Hamdan, E.S. Zainuddin, M.R. Osman, M.Z.A. Rahman “Mould flow and component design analysis of polymeric based composite automotive clutch pedals” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 171 (2006) 358–365.
- Jian LIU “Application of Mold Flow Technology in the Warp Analysis” PRZEGL?D ELEKTRO TECHNICZNY, ISSN 0033-2097, R. 89 NR 1b/2013.
- Vojtech Senkerik, Michal Stanek, Miroslav Manas, David Manas, Adam Skrobak, Jan Navratil “Optimization of Gate Location and Cooling System” ISBN: 978-1-61804-108-1.
- Michal Stanek, Tomas Drga ,Miroslav Manas, David Manas “Influence of Technological Parameters on Fluidity of Polymer Melt” 10th International Research/Expert Conference” Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology” TMT 2006, Barcelona-Lloret de Mar, Spain, 11-15 September, 2006.
- NikMizamzu Mehat, Shahrul Kamaruddin and Abdul Rahim Othman “Reducing the Shrinkage in Plastic Injection Moulded Gear via Grey-Based-Taguchi Optimization Method” Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2012 Vol III WCE 2012, July 4 - 6, 2012, London, U.K..
- H. Tang, Y.M. Kong, S. M. Sapuan, R. Samin, S. Sulaiman “Design and thermal analysis of plastic injection mould” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 171 (2006) 259–267.
- Selvaraj, P. Venkataramaiah “Design and Fabrication of an Injection Moulding Tool for Cam Bush with Baffle Cooling Channel and Submarine Gate” International Conference On Design and Manufacturing, IConDM 2013.
- Togan V.C. et al “The Mould Flow Analyse of the Injection parts and the Improvement of the Injection Process” The Scientific Bulletin of Valahia University – Materials and Mechanics – Nr. 6 (year 9) 2011.
- TongWu et al “A Framework for Optimizing the Design of Injection Molds with Conformal Cooling for Additive Manufacturing” Procedia Manufacturing Volume 1, 2015, Pages 404–415.
- Marton Huszar et al “Sustainable injection moulding: The impact of materials selection and gate location on part warpage and injection pressure” Sustainable Materials and Technologies 5 (2015) 1–8.
- Michal Stanek et al “Rubber Injection Molding Influenced by Mold Surface Roughness” Recent Advances in Automatic Control, Information and Communications ISBN: 978-960-474-316-2.
- W. Pye “Injection Mould Design” Fourth Edition.
- Clive Maier “Design Guides for Plastics” Tangram Technology Ltd., April 2009.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sonali D. Mate, Prof. V. L. Kadlag, "Design and Mould Flow Analysis of Injection Mould for Luggage Bag Wheel", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.122-132, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162536.php