This paper shows the analytical performance of maximum power point tracking for a photovoltaic system. In contemplation for photovoltaic (PV) systems to escalate their efficiency of power generation, it is mandatory to locate the Maximum power point (MPP) under all possible illumination conditions. The current-voltage (I-V) characteristics of PV devices are non-linear in nature, thereby the , MPP varies with changing elemental and environmental conditions. Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control is expected to obtain the MPP irrespective of the device and climatic changes. This paper presents the implementation of Golden section search method for tracking the MPP. The algorithms are implemented using an Aurdino microcontrollerATMEGA328 and was tested for various operating conditions. In this system, a regular 250W solar panel was used for model interpretation, and results of simulation were correlated.
Gayathri. R., K. Harish Reddy, Dr. Angeline Ezhilarasi
Dual Output, MPPT, GSS, PV
- Renewable energy database. Available at http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable energy Growth of renewables, accessed February
- Bucciarelli, L.L., Grossman, B.L., Lyon, E.F., et al. The energy balance associated with the use of a MPPT in a 100 kW peak power system. Proc. IEEE Photo voltaic Specialist Conf. (PVSC), 1980, pp. 523527”
- Model of photovoltaic Module in Matlab,Francisco M. Gonzlez- Longatt,(II CIBELEC 2005).
- Modeling of photovoltaic module, International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality”(ICREPQ10) Granada (Spain), 23th to 25th March, 2010.,Ramos Hernanz, JA. Campayo Martin,JJ. Zamora Belver,I., Larranga Lesaka,J. , Zulueta Guerrero,E. p
- Comparison of Photovoltaic Array Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques”, T.Esram and P. L.Chapman,IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2007.
- Esram and P. L.Chapman, ”Comparison of Photovoltaic Array Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2007
- I.O. Rivera, ”Maximum Power Point Tracking using the Optimal Duty Ratio for DC-DC Converters and Load Matching in Photovoltaic Applications,” Twenty Third Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, APEC 2008, pp. 987-991, 2008.
- Peftsis, G. Adamidis, P. Bakas and A. Balouktsis, ”Photovoltaic System MPPT Tracker Implementation using DSP engine and buckboost DC-DC converter”, 13th Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2008.”
- P.Hohm and M. E. Ropp, Comparative Study of Maximum Power Point 1Tracking Algorithms Using an Experimental, Programmable, Maximum Power Point Tracking Test Bed, IEEE Proc. Of photovoltaic specialists conference, pp. 1699-1702, 2000.
- Nguyen, Modeling and Simulation of Solar PV Arrays under Changing Illumination Conditions, In Proc. IEEE Workshops on Computer in Power Electronics, ,pp. 866-870, 16-19 July 2005.
- Johan H. R. Enslin, Mario S. Wolf, Daniel B. Snyman, and Wernher Swiegers, Integrated Photovoltaic Maximum Power Point Tracking Converter, IEEE Trans., Vol. 44,no.6, pp. 1036-1047, Aug .2009.
- Shao and L. Chang, A new maximum power point tracking method for photovoltaic arrays using golden section search algorithm, in Proceedings 1of the IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE 08), pp. 619622, May 2008.
- Agrawal and M. Aware, Golden section search (GSS) algorithm for maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic system, in Proceedings of the IEEE 5th India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE 12), 6, p. 1, Delhi, India, December 2012. 14Maximum Power Point Tracking Scheme for PV Systems Operating Under
- Partially Shaded Conditions Hiren Patel and Vivek Agarwal, Senior Member, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 55, NO. 4, APRIL 2008”
- A Hardware Implementation and Analysis of Testing MPPT Algorithmson PV Modules,Derryn Harvie,Dr.Sumedha Rajakaruna, Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, AUPEC 2014, Curtin University, Perth, Australia, 28 September 1 October 2014”
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Gayathri. R., K. Harish Reddy, Dr. Angeline Ezhilarasi, "Golden Section Search based Maximum Power Point Tracking Strategy for a Dual Output DC-DC Converter", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.167-176, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162544.php