GSM-Railways (GSM-R), which is evolutionary railway mobile communication technology, is gradually replacing analog radio systems. Although GSM-Ris an impossible achievement in terms of European railway interoperability, from a telecommunication point of view, it is successive technology. This paper looks at the transfer of a telecommunication standard to another railway and it studies whether the adoption of an upgraded version of the GSM standard (GSM-R) turned out to be an efficient choice. The transfer and deployment of GSM?R are technically importance to the success of another European railway project. The introduction of the new signaling system rests on achieving interoperability in radio communication. The study will focus on the GSM-R part of the ERTMS system and its interworking with ETCS.
Nikhil Anandrao Korde, Dinesh Vitthalrao Rojatkar
GSM-R(Global System For Mobile Communication For Railway)
- Kastell, S. Bug, A. Nazarov, and R. Jakoby, "Improvments in Railway Communication via GSM-R," in Proceedings of the 63rd IEEE Vehicular TechnologyConference (VTC 2006-Spring), pp. 3026–3030, IEEE, 2006.
- Winter, ed., Compendium on ERTMS. Eurailpress, first ed., 2009. ISBN 978-3-7771-0396-9.
- Hofestadt, "GSM-R: Global System for Mobile radio communications for Railways," in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electric Railwaysin a United Europe, pp. 111–115, IET, March 1995.
- Alexandrescu and Nem?oi, "Considerations regarding a radio planning procedure for the GSM-R network covering the Bucuresti–Constanta Railway Corridor," U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series C, Vol. 73, Iss.3, 2011.
- JørgenBinningsbø, (2006, February). "GSM-R Radio Planning Guidelines," Jernbaneverket, 3A-GSM-038, Revision 00, Norway.
- Valentin I. Popov, Andrei J. Baranovskii, "Design Principles of Mobile Railway Networks" UDC 621.396.931, Riga Technical University, Riga, Latvia, Volume 1, Number 1, 2010.
- Jan MagneTjensvold, "GSM network design for Stavanger and Sandnes," Norway, November 2007.
- UIC (2008) 'GSM?R Progress Map', available at http://www.uic.asso.fr/uic/spip.php?article430 (accessed on July 1).
- Watkins, M. (1996) 'Project EIRENE. A new radio system for the European railways', International Conference on Public Transport Electronic Systems.
- 'Evolution to LTE'. A report by the Global Mobile Suppliers Association, June 2012.
- 2008ITS Paper.pdf - Infoscience - EPFL
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Nikhil Anandrao Korde, Dinesh Vitthalrao Rojatkar, "A Survey on Transferring Standards of GSM-R and Its Development in Railway Sector", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.596-599, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1626124.php