In the rapidly growing country like ours, accidents in the unmanned level crossings are increasing day by day. No beneficial steps have been taken so far in these areas. The present work deals with automate the opening and closing of gates at a level crossing replacing the gates operated by the gatekeepers. It deals with two different things, First thing is reduction of time for which the gate is being kept closed and second thing, to provide safety to the road users by reducing the accidents. By employing the automatic gate control at the level crossing the arrival of the train is detected with the help of sensors placed near to the railway gate. Hence, the time for which it is closed is less as compared to the manually operated gates. Automatic gate control is highly micro-controller based arrangements, designed for use in almost all the unmanned level crossing in the train. Thus, automation of the railway gate operations at the level cross is achieved using sensors.
Praful Baburao Meshram, Dinesh Vitthalrao Rojatkar
Gatekeepers, ATSS, JESS, OGSi, VHF, GSM, MTRC, RFID, Anti-Collision Contrivance, IR Sensors
- Pradeep Raj, "Increasing accidents in the unmanned level crossing of the railways", 2012.
- "A new microprocessor based approach to an automatic control system.", International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, pp. 842-843, by Xishi Wang, Ning Bin, and Cheng Yinhang, in 1992.
- "Train Auto Control System based on OSGi", International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp.276-279, by Jeong Y., Choon-Sung Nam, Hee-Jin Jeong, and Dong Shin, in 2008.
- "Automation of Railway Gate Control Using Micro-controller, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, pp.1-8, by Atul Kumar Dewangan, Meenu Gupta, and Pratibha Patel, in 2012.
- Fundamentals of Embedded Software By Daniel W Lewis
- Gunyoung Kim, Kyungwoo Kang, "Railway Gate Con- trol System at Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing in Korea".
- Fred Coleman III, Puerile J. Moon (2011) Trapped Conveyance Detection System for Four Quadrant Gates in High Speed Rail Corridors, Conveyance Research Record 1648
- Fred Coleman III, Adolescent J. Moon (2010) Design of Gate Delay and Gate Interval Time for Four Quadrant Gate System at Railroad-Highway Grade Crossings Conveyance Research Record.
- The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems By Muhammad Ali Mazidi
- 8051projectsinfo.com Ahmed Salih is working as Associate Edifier in AL Mustansiriya University/college of Engineering / Computers &Software eng. Dept Ahmed Salih was consummated B.SC in control &system engineering /university of technology/ Baghdad 1978, and M.SC in electronic computer engineering university of technology Baghdad 1983 best regard
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Praful Baburao Meshram, Dinesh Vitthalrao Rojatkar, "Sensors Aided Railway Management System : Towards Automation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.718-721, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1626168.php