This paper propose to design a pick and place robot using accelerometer sensor. The main concept that in robotics is to reduce human effort in performing any kind of task. Nowadays in industry robotization is installed instead of automation. The accelerometer sensor that was defautly inbuilt in every smart phone nowadays, which is used to detect the orientation `of the mobile phone when the phone is tilted in corresponding direction. Wi-Fi is a medium to send the comment from the mobile to robot. Depending upon the movement of mobile phone in the direction of right or left and up or down the arm of pick and place robot will move. By controlling of arm object can pick and place in the corresponding place. The camera which is interfaced with processor will capture the video and transmit those video to smart phone, Using this user can send further command to the robot.
Nikitha S. Paulin, S. Saranya, G. Sathya
Accelerometer sensor, Mobile phone, Pick and place robot, Raspberrypi and Wi-Fi dongle.
- Yong Zhang, Brandon K. Chen,Xinyu Liu, and Yu Sun, "Autonomous Robotic Pick-and-Place of Microobjects,"in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ROBOTICS, VOL. 26, NO. 1, FEBRUARY 2010, pp.200-207.
- Koen J. Meessen, Johannes J.H.paulides, Elena A. Lomonova, "Modeling and Experimental Verification of a Tubular Actuator for 20-g Acceleration in a Pick-and-Place Application," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS, VOL. 46, NO. 5, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2010, pp.1891-1899.
- T. Overboom, J. W. Jansen, E. A. Lomonova and F. J. F. Tacken, " Design and Optimization of a Rotary Actuator for a Two-Degree-of-Freedom zφ-Module," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS, VOL. 46, NO. 6, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010, pp.2401-2409.
- JingFu Jin, Shang Li Yuen, Young Hoon Lee, ChangHyun Jun, YoungjiBrigid Kim, SungonLee,Bum-Jae You, and NakjuLettDoh, "Minimal Grasper: A Practical Robotic Grasper With Robust Performance for Pick-and-Place Tasks," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 60, NO. 9, SEPTEMBER 2013, pp.3796-3805.
- Francis Bourbonnais, Pascal Bigras, and Ilian A. Bonev, Minimum-Time Trajectory Planning and Control of a Pick-and-Place Five-Bar Parallel Robot IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS, VOL. 20, NO. 2, APRIL 2015, pp.740-749.
- Chi-Yi Tsai, Ching-Chang Wong, Chia-Jun Yu, Chih-Cheng Liu, and Tsung-Yen Liu, "A Hybrid Switched Reactive-Based Visual ServoControl of 5-DOF Robot Manipulators for Pick-and-Place Tasks,IEEE SYSTEMS JOURNAL, VOL. 9, NO. 1, MARCH 2015, pp.119-130.
- MiladGhanbari and Mohammad JavadYazdanpanah, "Delay Compensation of Tilt Sensors Base on MEMS Accelerometer Using Data Fusion Technique,’’IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, VOL. 15, NO. 3, MARCH 2015 , pp.1959-1966.
- Carmen María Müller-Karger, Andrés Leonell Granados Mirena, and José T. ScarpatiLópez, "Hyperbolic Trajectories for Pick-and-Place Operations to Elude Obstacles,IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION, VOL. 16, NO. 3, JUNE 2000, pp.294-300.
- Hsein-I Lin, ChiaHsienCheng ; Wei-Kai Chen, "Learning a pick-and-place robot task from human demonstration,"Automatic Control Conference (CACS), 2013 CACS International,2-4 Dec. 2013, pp.312 - 317.
- WeilinCai, Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Technol., Wuhan, China ; Tao Xiong ; Zhouping Yin, "Vision-based kinematic calibration of a 4-DOF pick-and-place robot, Mechatronics andAutomation (ICMA), International Conference,5-8 Aug. 2012, pp.87 - 91.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Nikitha S. Paulin, S. Saranya, G. Sathya , "Pick and Place Robot using Accelerometer Sensor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.118-122, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162641.php