Medical Images are an important class in the sense that they deal with real time conditions and are highly sensitive. Any slightest modification or manipulations done during their processing could degrade the quality of the image which could severely affect the efficiency of embedding techniques. Hence, Robustness and Fidelity are two important criteria that need to be adhered to in any data embedding technique. A multi resolution approximation technique using the Contourlet transform has been introduced in this paper and its effectiveness towards a wide range of aggressive image processing operations simulating the real time attacks has been found to make it a suitable transform to embed data into sensitiveness prone medical images. The results have been expressed in terms of well known metrics like PSNR, Correlation Coefficient and the structural similarity index.
J. Samuel Manoharan, G. Jayaseelan, P. Muralidharan
Data Embedding, Multi resolution approximation, Robustness, Attacks, Image Quality.
- Chu Shien Lu and Hong Yuan Mark Liao, "Multipurpose Watermarking for Image authentication and protection", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 10, No. 10, 2001.
- Rajendra Acharya et al, "Simultaneous storage of patient information with medical images in the frequency domain", International Journal of Computer methods and programs in Biomedicine, Vol. 76, 2004.
- David Kahn, "The history of Steganography", Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Information hiding, Lecture notes in computer science, Vol. 1174, 1996.
- Juan Hernandez, Martin Amado and Fernando Perez Gonzalez, "DCT domain watermarking techniques for still images: detector performance analysis and a new structure", IEEE transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2000.
- S. El-Taweel et al, "Secure and Non-Blind Watermarking Scheme for color Images based on DWT", International Journal on Graphics, Vision and Image Processing, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 1-5, April 2005.
- Yuan Cheng Li, "An Image digital watermarking method based on Ridgelet and KICA", International Conference on Multimedia and Information Technology, 2008.
- Chin Chen Chang et al, "SVD based digital image watermarking scheme", Pattern recognition letters, Vol. 26, 2005.
- Kamstra et al, "Reversible data embedding into images using wavelet techniques and sorting", IEEE transactions on Image processing, Vol. 14, 2005.
- Minh Do and Martin Vitterli, "The Contourlet transform: An efficient directional multi resolution image representation", IEEE transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 14, No. 12, 2005.
- Sivakumar et al, "Image denoising using Contourlet transform", International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, 2009.
- Jamal Husein, "Spatial domain watermarking for color images based on log average based luminance", International Journal of Computing, Vol. 2, Issue. 1, 2010.
- Dimitrios Simitotoulos et al, "Robust Image Watermarking based on Generalized Radon Transformations" IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology Vol. 13, No. 8, pp 732-745, 2003.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
J. Samuel Manoharan, G. Jayaseelan, P. Muralidharan, "Enhancing Robustness of Embedded Medical Images with a 4 level Contourlet Transform ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.149-154, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162643.php