Development of watershed management improve the ground water availability and increases the productivity of the major crops. Srinivasan Services Trust, Cheranmahadevi Taluk, Tirunelveli DT, India was done various watershed management projects in the study area. The crrent study was conducted to understand the various techniques adopted by the organization for the sustainable development, to identify major crops introduced, rainfall pattern, various sources of irrigation, types of soil in the study area, and to know the benefits achieved by the community. The current study gives insights to prevent soil erosion in soil erosion prone zones of rainfed area.
Thanappan Subash, P. Vincent
Agriculture, Evapo-transpiration, Farm productivity, Green revolution , Rainfall, and Urbanization
- R. K. Sivanappan, "State of the Art Lecture Rain Water Harvesting, Conservation and management Strategies for Urban and Rural Sectors", National Seminar on Rainwater Harvesting and Water Management, Nagpur, (2006), 11-12.
- R. Bhaskar and Suribabu. 2014. Estimation of Surface Run-off for Urban Area Using Integrated Remote Sensing and GIS Approach. Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering, 8 (2014) No.1.
- K. Joshi, V. Pangare, B. Shifaraw, S.P. Wani, J. Bouma, and C. Scott. 2004. A case study of watershed Management for Madgyal Village. International Journal of Agricultural Economics, Volume 59 (2004), No 3.
- Gusta Gunawan, Dwita Sutjiningsih, Herr Soeryantono, and W. Sulistioweni. 2013. Soil Erosion Estimation Based On GIS and Remote Sensing for Supporting Integrated Water Resources Conservation Management. International Journal of Technology, 2(2013) 147?
- Shuza Binzaid and Imran Chowdhury. 2014. Soil Erosion Prevention Sustainable Phytoremediation process using Solar Irrigation and Fertilization System. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 4, (2014) 1.
- Palanisami and D. Suresh Kumar. 2006. Impacts of watershed development programmes: Experiences and Evidences from Tamilnadu. Agricultural Economics Research Review Volume: 22 (2009)387 - 396.
- Thanappan Subash, "Study on the benefits and impacts of water hyacinth at Pazhayar river basin Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu, India- A case review", International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 2(1)(2016), 69-74.
- Castano, M.T.G. Muhlenberg, A. Van Tilburg, "A new method of measuring the adaptation of soil conservation practices; theory and applications", Netherland Journal of Agricultural Science, 50 (2002) 95-114.
- Jankar, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies E-ISSN2249–8974
- Budumuru Yoganand and G. Tesfa Gebremedhin, "Participatory Watershed Management for Sustainable Rural Livelihoods in India", (Research Paper) Southern Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, (2006) 5-8.
- Johnson, H.M. Ravnborg, O.Westerman, and K. Probst. 2001. User participation in watershed management and research. CAPRi, IFPRI, Washington, D.C, 19(2001).
- Maya, V. Unde, and V. Namdev Talore. 2012. Role of watershed development programme in sustainable development: Nidhal experience from Satara District, Maharashtra. Proceeding of International Conference SWRDM, (2012).
- TK Sreedevi, SP Wani, R. Sudi, MS Patel, T. Jayesh, SN Singh and Tushar Shah. 2006. On-site and Off-site Impact of Watershed Development: A Case Study of Rajasamadhiyala, Gujarat, India. Global Theme on Agro ecosystems Report No. 20, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, (2006), pp 48.
- V.S. Murthy. 1998. Watershed management. New Age International, (1998).
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Thanappan Subash, P. Vincent, "Watershed Development Scheme for Sustainable Environment and Its Impact- A Case Study", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.169-174, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162651.php