As the cloud computing technology develops during the last decade, outsourcing data to cloud service for storage becomes an attractive trend, which benefits in sparing efforts on heavy data maintenance and management. Nevertheless, since the outsourced cloud storage is not fully trustworthy, it raises security concerns on how to realize data deduplication in cloud while achieving integrity auditing. In this work, we study the problem of integrity auditing and secure deduplication on cloud data. Specifically, aiming at achieving both data integrity and deduplication in cloud, we propose two secure systems, namely SecCloud and SecCloud+. SecCloud introduces an auditing entity with maintenance of a Map Reduce cloud, which helps clients generate data tags before uploading as well as audit the integrity of data having been stored in cloud. Compared with previous work, the computation by user in SecCloud is greatly reduced during the file uploading and auditing phases. SecCloud+ is designed motivated by the fact that customers always want to encrypt their data before uploading, and enables integrity auditing and secure deduplication on encrypted data.
Nuthi Srinivasa Rao, V. Gopi Krishna
Data Integrity, Deduplication, SecCloud, SecCloud+.
- Armbrust, A. Fox, R. Griffith, A. D. Joseph, R. Katz, A. Konwinski,G. Lee, D. Patterson, A. Rabkin, I. Stoica, and M. Zaharia, "A view of cloud computing," Communication of the ACM, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 50–58, 2010.
- Yuan and S. Yu, "Secure and constant cost public cloud storage auditing with deduplication," in IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), 2013, pp. 145–153.
- Halevi, D. Harnik, B. Pinkas, and A. Shulman-Peleg, "Proofs of ownership in remote storage systems," in Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. ACM, 2011, pp. 491–500.
- Keelveedhi, M. Bellare, and T. Ristenpart, "Dupless: Serveraided encryption for deduplicated storage," in Proceedings of the 22Nd USENIX Conference on Security, ser. SEC’13. Washington, D.C.: USENIX Association, 2013, pp. 179–194. Online]. Available: https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity13/technicalsessions/presentation/bellare
- Ateniese, R. Burns, R. Curtmola, J. Herring, L. Kissner, Z. Peterson, and D. Song, "Provable data possession at untrusted stores," in Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, ser. CCS ’07. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2007, pp. 598– 609.
- Ateniese, R. Burns, R. Curtmola, J. Herring, O. Khan, L. Kissner, Z. Peterson, and D. Song, "Remote data checking using provable datapossession," ACM Trans. Inf. Syst. Secur., vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 12:1–12:34, 2011.
- Ateniese, R. Di Pietro, L. V. Mancini, and G. Tsudik, "Scalable and efficient provable data possession," in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Netowrks, ser. SecureComm ’08. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2008, pp. 9:1–9:10.
- Erway, A. Kupc¸ ¨ u, C. Papamanthou, and R. Tamassia, "Dynamic provable data possession," in Proceedings of the 16th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, ser. CCS ’09. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2009, pp. 213–222.
- Sebe, J. Domingo-Ferrer, A. Martinez-Balleste, Y. Deswarte, and ´J.-J. Quisquater, "Efficient remote data possession checking in critical information infrastructures," IEEE Trans. on Knowl. and Data Eng., vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1034–1038, 2008.
- Wang, "Proxy provable data possession in public clouds," IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 551–559, 2013.
- Zhu, H. Hu, G.-J. Ahn, and M. Yu, "Cooperative provable data possession for integrity verification in multicloud storage," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2231– 2244, 2012.
- Shacham and B. Waters, "Compact proofs of retrievability," inProceedings of the 14th International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security: Advances in Cryptology, ser. ASIACRYPT ’08. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2008, pp.90–107.
- Wang, C. Wang, J. Li, K. Ren, and W. Lou, "Enabling public verifiability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing," in Computer Security – ESORICS 2009, M. Backes and P. Ning, Eds., vol. 5789. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009, pp. 355–370.
- Xu and E.-C. Chang, "Towards efficient proofs of retrievability," in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security, ser. ASIACCS ’12. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2012, pp. 79–80.
- Stefanov, M. van Dijk, A. Juels, and A. Oprea, "Iris: A scalable cloud file system with efficient integrity checks," in Proceedings of the 28th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, ser. ACSAC ’12. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2012, pp. 229–238.
- Azraoui, K. Elkhiyaoui, R. Molva, and M. Onen, "Stealthguard: Proofs of retrievability with hidden watchdogs," in Computer Security - ESORICS 2014, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, M. Kuty?owski and J. Vaidya, Eds., vol. 8712. Springer International Publishing, 2014, pp. 239–256.
- Li, X. Tan, X. Chen, and D. Wong, "An efficient proof of retrievability with public auditing in cloud computing," in 5th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS), 2013, pp. 93–98.
- Li, X. Chen, M. Li, J. Li, P. Lee, and W. Lou, "Secure deduplication with efficient and reliable convergent key management," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1615–1625, June 2014.
- Di Pietro and A. Sorniotti, "Boosting efficiency and security in proof of ownership for deduplication," in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security, ser. ASIACCS ’12. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2012, pp. 81–82.
- K. Ng, Y. Wen, and H. Zhu, "Private data deduplication protocols in cloud storage," in Proceedings of the 27th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ser. SAC ’12. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2012, pp. 441–446.
- Douceur, A. Adya, W. Bolosky, P. Simon, and M. Theimer, "Reclaiming space from duplicate files in a serverless distributed file system," in 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, 2002, pp. 617–624.
- Bellare, S. Keelveedhi, and T. Ristenpart, "Message-locked encryption and secure deduplication," in Advances in Cryptology – EUROCRYPT 2013, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, T. Johansson and P. Nguyen, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, vol. 7881, pp. 296–312.
- Abadi, D. Boneh, I. Mironov, A. Raghunathan, and G. Segev, "Message-locked encryption for lock-dependent messages," in Advances in Cryptology – CRYPTO 2013, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, R. Canetti and J. Garay, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, vol. 8042, pp. 374–391.
- Boneh and M. Franklin, "Identity-based encryption from the weil pairing," in Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO 2001, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, J. Kilian, Ed. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2001, vol. 2139, pp. 213–229.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Nuthi Srinivasa Rao, V. Gopi Krishna, "Data Integrity Auditing and Secure Deduplication on Cloud Using Secure Systems", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.175-187, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162658.php