Abstract- According to growth of electricity demand and the increased number of non-linear loads in power grids, providing a high quality electrical power should be considered. In this paper, voltage sag and swell of the power quality issues are studied and distributed power flow controller (DPFC) is used to mitigate the voltage deviation and improve power quality. The DPFC is a new FACTS device, which its structure is similar to unified power flow controller (UPFC). In spite of UPFC, in DPFC the common dc-link between the shunt and series converters is eliminated and three-phase series converter is divided to several single-phase series distributed converters through the line. The case study contains a DPFC sited in a single-machine infinite bus power system including two parallel transmission lines, which simulated in MATLAB/Simulink environment. The presented simulation results validate the DPFC ability to improve the power quality.
Hemant R. Kolate, Hemlata H. Kolate, Prof. Prabhodhkumar Khampariya
FACTS, Power Quality, Sag and Swell Mitigation, Distributed Power Flow Controller
- Alexander Eigels Emanuel, John A. McNeill "Electric Power Quality".Annu. Rev. Energy Environ 1997, pp. 263-303.
- I Nita R.Patne,krishna L.thakre "Factor Affecting Characteristicsof voltage sag due to fault in the power system"serbian journalof Electrical Engineering vol.5no.1 may 2008,pp.171-182
- R. Enslin, "Uni?ed approach to power quality mitigation," in Proc.IEEE Int. Symp. Industrial Electronics (ISIE ’98), vol. 1, 1998, pp. 8–20.
- Singh, K. AlHaddad, and A. Chandra, "A review of active ?lters forpower quality improvement," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. vol. 46, no. 5 pp. 960–971, 1999.
- A. Hannan and Azah Mohamed, member IEEE, " PSCAD/EMTDCSimulation of Unified Series-Shunt -Compensator for Power Quality Improvement", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 2,April 2005.
- zhihui yuan,sjoerd W.H de haan and Braham Frreira and Daliborcevoric "A FACTS DEVICE: Distributed power flow controller (DPFC) " IEEE transaction on power electronicsvol.25,no.10october 2010.
- zhihui yuan,sjoerd W.H de haan and Braham Frreira "DPFCcontrol during the shunt converter failure" IEEE transaction on power electronics 2009
- Zhang, M. Cardinal, P. Szczesny and M. Dame. "A grid simulatorwith control of single-phase power converters in D.Q rotating frame", Power Electronics Specialists Conference, IEEE 2002.
- Bhim Singh, Kamal Haddad, October 1999, "A Review of Active Filters for Power Quality Improvement", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 46. pp. 960-971.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hemant R. Kolate, Hemlata H. Kolate, Prof. Prabhodhkumar Khampariya, "Power Quality Improvement and Mitigation Case Study Using Distributed Power Flow Controller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.302-306 , November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162659.php