Cloud computing is to handle enormous enterprise computing, hardware, storage needs as a collection of virtually massive distributed large scale computers. An exponential advancement of communication and information technologies which results in substantial traffic for accessing the cloud resources wired and mobile, through various communication devices as desktop, laptop, tabs, etc. Demands for reliable and low cost authentication a technique is signified by enterprise data also increased access rates from low-resource terminal devices. With varied efficiencies lots of researchers have proposed an authentication scheme, which is based on password, biometric, steganography etc. In 2014, Nimmy et al proposed a steganography system based cloud computing in mutual authentication protocol and claimed that their scheme resists major cryptographic attacks. We will show that Nimmy et al is vulnerable to offline password attack guessing and Service attack. As a part of our contribution, for asymmetric cloud computing environment we propose a low cost steganography is based on authentication scheme which is strongly secure and best suited.
Prof. Imran Tamboli, Sagar K. Khatal, Akshay B. Kadhane, Ravi Moon
Steganography, Steganalysis, Cryptography, Data Hiding
- K. Zadiraka and A. M. Kudin, ”Cloud computing in cryptography and steganography”, springer journal of Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, Volume 49, Issue 4, pp 584-588,July 2013.
- S S. Subashini, and V.Kavitha, ”A survey on security issues in service delivery models of cloud computing”, Elsevier Journal of Networkand Computer Applications, vol 34, pp: 111, 2011.
- A.B. Fernandes,L.F.B. Soares,J.V. Gomes, M.M.Freire, and P. R.M. Incio, ”Security issues in cloud environments: a survey”, springer international Journal of Information Security,Volume 13,Issue 2, pp 113-170, April 2014.
- Aguiar,Y.Zhang and M.Blanton, ”An Overview of Issues and Recent Developments in Cloud Computing and Storage Security”, springer journal of High Performance Cloud Auditing and Applications pp 3-33, 2014.
- Gu, and M. Guirguis. Secure Mobile Cloud Computing and Security Issues, Springer: High Performance Cloud Auditing and Applications, pp 65-90, 2014.
- Murakami,K. Hanyu, R. Q. Zhao, and Y.Kaneda,”Improvement of security in cloud systems based on steganography”, International Joint Conference on Awareness Science and Technology and Ubi-Media Computing, pp:503 - 508, 2-4 Nov. 2013.
- B. Ramachandran, P.Pradeepan, and M.Saswati,” Security as a Service using Data Steganography in Cloud”, The International Conference on Cloud Security and Management , Washington University, Seattle, USA,Oct 17- 18,October 2013. I.M.Khalil, A.Khreishah, M.Azeem, ”Cloud Computing Security: A Survey”, MDPI: Computers, vol 3, pp:1-35, 2014.
- Shailender, G.Ankur, B.Bharat, ”Information Hiding Using Least Significant Bit Steganography and Cryptography”,International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science,Vol6,27-34, 2012.
- Nimmy, M.Sethumadhavan, ”Novel mutual authentication protocol for cloud computing using secret sharing and steganography”, Fifth International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT), feb,2014, India.
- Chen and R. Jiang, Security Analysis and Improvement of User Authentication Framework for Cloud Computing, Journal of Networks, pp.198-203, 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Imran Tamboli, Sagar K. Khatal, Akshay B. Kadhane, Ravi Moon, "Review-A Secure Mutual Authentication Protocol for Cloud Computing Using Secret Sharing and Image Steganography", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.250-253, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162677.php