Pathogen screening is very important in water quality monitoring in water quality monitoring, because the presence of dangerous bacteria can seriously endanger human health. There are different methods for in-situ water monitoring. But this system has more advantages when compared to different methods. The advantages of this method are the time taken to find purity of the water is reduced when compared to other methods. Periodic checking is available in this method. The operations which is takes place in this system is completely automatic and thereby reduces manual work. This system consists of a thermoregulation board and impedance measure board. Both boards were connected with the incubation chamber which consist of sample under test which is directly in contact with stainless steel electrodes. The pH, turbidity and temperature of sample under test(SUT) is measured separately by using sensors. GPRS is used to collect data from impedance measure board, pH sensor, turbidity sensor and temperature sensor and sends the information to the user. The input from the waveform generator in the impedance measure board is given to the electrode which is directly contact with sample in the chamber. The resistive and capacitive components of electrode which is directly contact with the sample is calculated by controller and sent to the user by GPRS.
P. Kalaivani, Dr. N. Suma
Bacteria, Coli Forms, Impedance, Portable Sensor.
- Y. Goh, B. Ho, and J. L. Ding, “A novel fluorescent protein-based biosensor for gram-negative bacteria,” Appl. Environ. Microbiol., vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 6343–6352, 2002.
- A. Chiappini, D. J. Kormes, M. C. Bonetto, N. Sacco, and E. Cortòn, “A new microbial biosensor for organic water pollution based on measurement of carbon dioxide production,” Sens. Actuators B, Chem., vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 103–109, Jun. 2010.
- Chapman and Y. A. Owusu, “Rapid, state-of-the-art techniques for the detection of toxic chemical adulterants in water systems,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 203–209, Mar. 2008.
- A. Ensafi, S. Meghdadi, and E. Fooladgar, “Development of a new selective optical sensor for Cd(II) ions based on 4-hydroxy salophen,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1794–1800, Nov. 2008.
- Grossi, M. Lanzoni, A. Pompei, R. Lazzarini, D. Matteuzzi, and B. Riccò, “An embedded portable biosensor system for bacterial concentration detection,” Biosensors Bioelectron., vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 983–990, Nov. 2010.
- Firstemberg-Eden and G. Eden, Impedance Microbiology, New York, USA: Wiley, 1984.
- Grossi, M. Lanzoni, A. Pompei, R. Lazzarini, D. Matteuzzi, and B. Riccò, “Detection of microbial concentration in ice-cream using the impedance technique,” Biosensors Bioelectron., vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1616–1623, Jun. 2008.
- Grossi, A. Pompei, M. Lanzoni, R. Lazzarini, D. Matteuzzi, and B. Riccò, “Total bacterial count in soft-frozen dairy products by impedance biosensor system,” IEEE Sensors J., vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1270–1276, Oct. 2009.
- Mead PS, Slutsker L, Dietz V, McCaig LF, Bresee JS, et al. (1999) Food-related illness and death in the United States. Emerg Infect Dis 5: 607-625.
- Kaspar CW, Tartera C (1990) Methods in Microbiology, R. Grigorova & J. R. Norris eds. (London Academic Press), 497-531.
- Stanley PE (1989) A review of bioluminescent ATP techniques in rapid microbiology. J Biolumin Chemilumin 4: 375-380.
- Perez F, Tryland I, Mascini M, Fiksdal L (2001) Rapid detection of Escherichia coli in water by a culture based amperometric method. Analytica Chimica Acta, 427:149-154.
- Suehiro J, Hamada R, Noutomi D, Shutou M, Hara M (2003) Selective detection of viable bacteria using dielectrophoretic impedance measurement method. Journal of Electrostatics, 57:157-168.
- Koch AL (1970) Turbidity measurements of bacterial cultures in some available commercial instruments. Anal Biochem 38: 252-259.
- Plomer M, Guilbault GG, Hock B (1992) Development of a piezoelectric immunosensor for the detection of enterobacteria. Enzyme Microb Technol 14: 230-235.
- Kalaivani, P., G. Sathya and N. Senthilnathan, 2014. “Dynamic Data Routing in manet using position based opportunistic Routing Protocol,” International Journal of research in computer Applications & Robotics ( IJRCAR ), 2: 12.
- Kalaivani, P., G. Sathya, N. Senthilnathan, “Qos Parameters Estimation in MANET Using Position Based Opportunistic Routing Protocol” on American Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey, ISSN 2349-7238.
- Sathya, G., P. Kalaivani, N. Senthilnathan, 2015. “Balancing the Energy Consumption and Data Integrity in MANET” International Journal of Chemical Sciences and Research, 3(2).
- Kalaivani, P., G. Sathya Nikitha S Paulin, Boselin Prabhu.S.R., Sophia.S, “Performance Improvement of Distributed Island Multicasting with Overlay Data Distribution” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 9(36) December 2015, Pages 221-228.
- N. Suma, Dr. T. Purusothaman, “Design and Development of Reliable Energy based Efficient Protocol for Improving Fault Tolerance in MANET”, Asian Research Consortium, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities Vol. 6, No. 11, November 2016, pp. 15-25. ISSN 2249-7315.
- Suma, N. and Purusothaman, T. ‘Logical Tree Based Routing for Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Networks’ European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol.87 No 4 October 2012, pp.504-511.
- Suma, N. and Purusothaman, T. ‘Enhanced Logical Tree based Routing for Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Networks’ International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology, Vol.8 No.8, December 2012, pp.15-19.
- Suma, N. and Purusothaman, T. ‘Secure Authentication Based Multipath Routing Protocol for WSNs’, Journal of theoretical and Applied Information technology, Vol.59 (1) January 2014, pp.222-231.
- Suma, N. and Purusothaman, T. ‘Efficient Multipath Routing Tree based Energy Minimization in Wireless Sensor Networks’, Asian Journal of Information Technology, Vol.13 (6), 2014, pp.338-345.
- Suma, N. and Purusothaman, T. ‘A survey on routing attacks and counter measure in wireless sensor networks’, Proc. of national conference on recent advances in computer vision and information technology, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
P. Kalaivani, Dr. N. Suma, "In-Situ Water Monitoring Using Portable Sensor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.282-288, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162680.php