Control systems appear practically everywhere in our homes, in industry, in communications, information technologies, etc. Increasing problems with process non linearity's, operating constraints, time delay, uncertainty etc. have led to development of more sophisticated control strategies. So there is always a continuous search for a better technique, which can consider all such problems and provide stability to the system. Artificial Intelligence (AI) based techniques are the new entry in field of controller tuning. AI based techniques have proved their capabilities in various fields and so these are considered to give a new pace to controller tuning search technique. This paper presents a state of art literature review on the improved performance of control systems like problems from process control, electrical engineering or electromagnetically systems when soft computing algorithms are applied for tuning.
Arun Gupta, Summi Goindi, Gagandeep Singh, Dr. Hardeep Singh, Rajesh Kumar
Control Systems, Optimal Control, Soft Computing, Genetic Algorithm, Evolutionary Algorithms, Particle Swarm Optimization.
- Kumar, P. R. "Control: A perspective." Automatica 50, no. 1 (2014): 3-43.
- Zhong, Jinghua. "PID controller tuning: a short tutorial.", Purdue University (2006).
- Back, Thomas. Evolutionary algorithms in theory and practice: evolution strategies, evolutionary programming, genetic algorithms. Oxford university press, 1996.
- Reynoso-Meza, Gilberto, Sergio Garcia-Nieto, Javier Sanchis, and F. Xavier Blasco. "Controller tuning by means of multi-objective optimization algorithms: a global tuning framework." IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 21, no. 2 (2013): 445-458.
- Thomas, Neenu, and Dr P. Poongodi. "Position control of DC motor using genetic algorithm based PID controller." In Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 1-3. 2009.
- Katal, N. and Singh, S.K., 2012. Optimal Tuning of PID Controller for DC Motor using Bio-Inspired Algorithms. International Journal of Computer Applications, 56(2).
- Kim, D.H., 2011. Hybrid GA–BF based intelligent PID controller tuning for AVR system. Applied soft computing, 11(1), pp.11-22.
- Hu, Haibing, Qingbo Hu, Zhengyu Lu, and Dehong Xu. "Optimal PID controller design in PMSM servo system via particle swarm optimization." In 31st Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2005. IECON 2005., pp. 5-pp. Ieee, 2005.
- Ali, E. S., and S. M. Abd-Elazim. "Bacteria foraging optimization algorithm based load frequency controller for interconnected power system." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 33, no. 3 (2011): 633-638.
- Neath, Michael J., Akshya K. Swain, Udaya K. Madawala, and Duleepa J. Thrimawithana. "An optimal PID controller for a bidirectional inductive power transfer system using multiobjective genetic algorithm." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 29, no. 3 (2014): 1523-1531.
- Wang, Yong P., Neville R. Watson, and Hyeng H. Chong. "Modified genetic algorithm approach to design of an optimal PID controller for AC–DC transmission systems." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 24, no. 1 (2002): 59-69.
- Cheng, Chin-Hsing, Po-Jen Cheng, and Ming-Jia Xie. "Current sharing of paralleled DC–DC converters using GA-based PID controllers." Expert Systems with Applications 37, no. 1 (2010): 733-740.
- Jaen-Cuellar, Arturo Y., Rene de J Romero-Troncoso, Luis Morales-Velazquez, and Roque A. Osornio-Rios. "PID-controller tuning optimization with genetic algorithms in servo systems." International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems 10 (2013).
- Panda, Sidhartha. "Multi-objective PID controller tuning for a FACTS-based damping stabilizer using non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm-II." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 33, no. 7 (2011): 1296-1308.
- Mohanty, Banaja, Sidhartha Panda, and P. K. Hota. "Controller parameters tuning of differential evolution algorithm and its application to load frequency control of multi-source power system." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 54 (2014): 77-85.
- Elbayomy, Karam M., Jiao Zongxia, and Zhang Huaqing. "PID controller optimization by GA and its performances on the electro-hydraulic servo control system." Chinese Journal of Aeronautics 21, no. 4 (2008): 378-384.
- Krohling, R. A., H. Jaschek, and J. P. Rey. "Designing PI/PID controllers for a motion control system based on genetic algorithms." In Intelligent Control, 1997. Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE International Symposium on, pp. 125-130. IEEE, 1997.
- Kasemi, Banna, Asan GA Muthalif, M. Mahbubur Rashid, and Sharmila Fathima. "Fuzzy-PID controller for semi-active vibration control using magnetorheological fluid damper." Procedia Engineering 41 (2012): 1221-1227.
- Ayala, Helon Vicente Hultmann, and Leandro dos Santos Coelho. "Tuning of PID controller based on a multiobjective genetic algorithm applied to a robotic manipulator." Expert Systems with Applications 39, no. 10 (2012): 8968-8974.
- Ferretti, Gianni, GianAntonio Magnani, and Paolo Rocco. "Impedance control for elastic joints industrial manipulators." IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation 20, no. 3 (2004): 488-498.
- Nagarajan, Umashankar, Anish Mampetta, George A. Kantor, and Ralph L. Hollis. "State transition, balancing, station keeping, and yaw control for a dynamically stable single spherical wheel mobile robot." In Robotics and Automation, 2009. ICRA'09. IEEE International Conference on, pp. 998-1003. IEEE, 2009.
- Chen, Hung-Cheng, and Sheng-Hsiung Chang. "Genetic algorithms based optimization design of a PID controller for an active magnetic bearing." IJCSNS 6, no. 12 (2006): 122-145.
- Kwok, D. P., and Fang Sheng. "Genetic algorithm and simulated annealing for optimal robot arm PID control." In Evolutionary Computation, 1994. IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence., Proceedings of the First IEEE Conference on, pp. 707-713. IEEE, 1994.
- Siddique, Mia Nazmul Haque, and M. Osman Tokhi. "GA-based neuro-fuzzy controller for flexible-link manipulator." In Control Applications, 2002. Proceedings of the 2002 International Conference on, vol. 1, pp. 471-476. IEEE, 2002.
- Katal, Nitish, and Sanjay Kr Singh. "Optimization of PID Controller for Quarter-Car Suspension System using Genetic Algorithm." IJARCET) Volume1 7 (2012).
- Singh, Sanjay Kr, D. Boolchandani, S. G. Modani, and Nitish Katal. "Multi-objective optimization of PID controller for temperature control in centrifugal machines using genetic algorithm." Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 7, no. 9 (2014): 1794-1802.
- Atashpaz Gargari, Esmaeil, Farzad Hashemzadeh, Ramin Rajabioun, and Caro Lucas. "Colonial competitive algorithm: a novel approach for PID controller design in MIMO distillation column process." International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics 1, no. 3 (2008): 337-355.
- Kim, Jin-Sung, Jin-Hwan Kim, Ji-Mo Park, Sung-Man Park, Won-Yong Choe, and Hoon Heo. "Auto tuning PID controller based on improved genetic algorithm for reverse osmosis plant." World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 47 (2008): 384-389.
- Kumar, SM Giriraj, R. Jain, N. Anantharaman, V. Dharmalingam, and K. M. M. S. Begum. "Genetic algorithm based PID controller tuning for a model bioreactor." indian chemical engineer 50, no. 3 (2008): 214-226.
- Ravi, S., M. Sudha, and P. A. Balakrishnan. "Design of intelligent self-tuning GA ANFIS temperature controller for plastic extrusion system." Modelling and Simulation in Engineering 2011 (2011): 12.
- Atashpaz-Gargari, Esmaeil, Farzad Hashemzadeh, and Caro Lucas. "Designing MIMO PIID controller using colonial competitive algorithm: applied to distillation column process." In 2008 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence), pp. 1929-1934. IEEE, 2008.
- Singh, Sanjay Kr, Nitish Katal, and S. G. Modani. "Multi-objective optimization of PID controller for coupled-tank liquid-level control system using genetic algorithm." In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2012), December 28-30, 2012, pp. 59-66. Springer India, 2014.
- Katal, Nitish, and Shiv Narayan. "Multi-objective Optimization-Based Design of Robust Fractional-Order PIλDμ Controller for Coupled Tank Systems." In Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 27-38. Springer Singapore, 2016.
- Katal, Nitish, Parvesh Kumar, and Shiv Narayan. "Optimal PID controller for coupled-tank liquid-level control system using bat algorithm." In Power, Control and Embedded Systems (ICPCES), 2014 International Conference on, pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2014.
- Singh, Sanjay Kumar, D. Boolchandani, S. G. Modani, and Nitish Katal. "Optimal Tuning of PID Controller for Centrifugal Temperature Control System in Sugar Industry Using Genetic Algorithm." In Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving, pp. 183-191. Springer Singapore, 2016.
- Aziz, N., M. A. Hussain, and I. M. Mujtaba. "Performance of different types of controllers in tracking optimal temperature profiles in batch reactors." Computers & Chemical Engineering 24, no. 2 (2000): 1069-1075.
- Rajarathinam, Kumaran, James Barry Gomm, Ding-Li Yu, and Ahmed Saad Abdelhadi. "PID controller tuning for a multivariable glass furnace process by genetic algorithm." International Journal of Automation and Computing 13, no. 1 (2016): 64-72.
- Zhao, Jie, Long Han, Li Wang, and Zongyan Yu. "The fuzzy PID control optimized by genetic algorithm for trajectory tracking of robot arm." In Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), 2016 12th World Congress on, pp. 556-559. IEEE, 2016.
- Sahu, Rabindra Kumar, Sidhartha Panda, Umesh Kumar Rout, and Dillip Kumar Sahoo. "Teaching learning based optimization algorithm for automatic generation control of power system using 2-DOF PID controller." International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 77 (2016): 287-301.
- Xiao, Yingying, Bo Hu Li, Tingyu Lin, Baocun Hou, Guoqiang Shi, and Yan Li. "A Self-adaptive Shuffled Frog Leaping Algorithm for Multivariable PID Controller’s Optimal Tuning." In Asian Simulation Conference, pp. 3-16. Springer Singapore, 2016.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Arun Gupta, Summi Goindi, Gagandeep Singh, Dr. Hardeep Singh, Rajesh Kumar, "Evolutionary Algorithms for the Design of Optimal Controller - A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.476-480, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET16269.php