The Pitch angle control is the best practice to regulate the aerodynamic torque of the wind turbine at high wind speeds. The mathematical model of the wind turbine system is required for the conventional pitch angle control which usually uses Proportional Integral(PI) and Proportional-Integral-Derivative(PID) controller. In this paper a novel Hybrid Fuzzy Logic controller is designed to control Pitch angle, it doesn't require much knowledge of system model. Taking generator output power error and turbine speed as inputs the FLC produces Pitch angle reference, will compensate non-linear sensitivity of the wind turbine. The proposed method is carried out on a 2MW Permanent Magnet Synchronous generator (PMSG) wind turbine system at wind speeds of 12m/s and 14m/s in MATLAB/Simulink.
M. Ramasekhara Reddy, M. Vijaya Kumar, Srikar K.
Hybrid Fuzzy Logic controller, Pitch angle, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator, Wind Turbine
- Tan Luong Van, Thanh Hai Nguyen, and Dong-Choon Lee "Advanced Pitch Angle Control Based on Fuzzy Logic for Variable-Speed Wind Turbine Systems"in Proc. IEEE Trans. Energy Convers.,2015
- Akhmatov, "Analysis of dynamic behavior of electric power systems with large amount of wind power," Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Elect. Eng., Tech. Univ. Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, Apr. 2003.
- P. W. Strachan and D. Jovcic, "Improving wind power quality using an integrated wind energy conversion and storage system (WECSS)," in Proc. IEEE Power Energy Soc. Gen. Meeting, Jul. 2008
- Roy, "Power output by active pitch-regulated wind turbine in presence of short duration wind variations," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1018–1025, Dec. 2013.
- O. Ibrahim, T. H. Nguyen, D.-C. Lee, and S.-C. Kim, "A fault ridethrough technique of DFIG wind turbine systems using dynamic voltage restorers," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Sep. 2011.
- Uehara, A. Pratap, T. Goya, T. Senjyu, A. Yona, N. Urasaki, and T. Funabashi, "A coordinated control method to smooth wind power fluctuations of a PMSG-based WECS," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 550–558, Jun. 2011.
- Zhang, M. Cheng, Z. Chen, and X. Fu, "Pitch angle control for variable speed wind turbines," in Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. DRPT, 2008, pp. 2691–2696.
- M. Barakati, M. Kazerani, and D. Aplevich, "Maximum power tracking control for a wind turbine system including a matrix converter," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 24, no. 3, Sep. 2009.
- E. El-Hawary, Electric Power Applications of Fuzzy Systems. Piscataway, NJ, USA: IEEE Press, 1998.
- K. Bose, Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives. Knoxville, TN, USA: Tennessee Univ./Prentice-Hall, 2002, ch. 11.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Ramasekhara Reddy, M. Vijaya Kumar, Srikar K., "Hybrid Fuzzy Logic Pitch Angle Controller to A PMSG Wind Turbine System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 6, pp.442-448, November-December-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162694.php