Elliptic curve point multiplication (ECPM) is one of the most critical operations in elliptic curve cryptography. In this brief, a new hardware architecture for ECPM over GF( p) is presented, based on the residue number system (RNS). The proposed architecture encompasses RNS bases with various word-lengths in order to efficiently implement RNS Montgomery multiplication. Two architectures with four and six pipeline stages are presented, targeted on area-efficient and fast RNS Montgomery multiplication designs, respectively. The fast version of the proposed ECPM architecture achieves higher speeds and the area- efficient version achieves better area–delay tradeoffs compared to state- of-the-art implementations.
P. Arun Kumar, C. Yamunarani
Elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), Montgomery multiplication, residue arithmetic, residue number system (RNS).
- N. Koblitz, "Elliptic curve cryptosystems," Math. Comp., vol. 48, no. 177, pp. 203–209, 1987.
- V. S. Miller, "Use of elliptic curves in cryptography," in Proc. Adv. Cryptology LNCS, 1986, pp. 47–426.
- I. Blake, G. Seroussi, and N. Smart, Elliptic Curves in Cryptography. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2002.
- D. M. Schinianakis, A. P. Fournaris, H. E. Michail, A. P. Kakarountas, and T. Stouraitis, "An RNS implementation of an F p elliptic curve point multiplier," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 56, no. 6, pp 1202–1213, Jun. 2009.
- C. J. McIvor, M. McLoone, and J. V. McCanny, "Hardware elliptic curve cryptographic processor over GF(P) ," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1946–1957, Sep. 2006.
- G. Orlando and C. Paar, "A scalable GF(P) elliptic curve processor archi- tecture for programmable hardware," in Proc. Workshop Cryptograph. Hardware Embed. Syst. LNCS, 2001, pp. 348–363.
- S. B. Ors, L. Batina, B. Preneel, and J. Vandewalle, "Hardware imple- mentation of an elliptic curve processor over GF(P) ," in Proc. IEEE Appl.-Specific Syst. Arch. Process., Jun. 2003, pp. 433–443.
- N. Guillermin, "A high speed coprocessor for elliptic curve scalar multiplications over Fp ," in Proc. CHES 12th Int. Conf. Cryptograph. Hardware Embed. Syst., 2010, pp. 48–64.
- S. Kawamura, M. Koike, F. Sano, and A. Shimbo, Cox Rower Architec- ture for Fast Parallel Montgomery Multiplication. New York: Springer- Verlag, 2000, pp. 523–538.
- J. C. Bajard, M. Kaihara, and T. Plantard, "Selected RNS bases for modular multiplication," in Proc. IEEE 19th Int. Symp. Comput. Arith., Jun. 2009, pp. 25–32.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
P. Arun Kumar, C. Yamunarani, "Low-Power and Area Efficient Dual Dynamic Node Pulsed Hybrid Flip-Flop
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.471-475, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1731101.php