Data Analysis and Visualization is very important for big organizations. When social network data grows rapidly, it becomes difficult to analyse and visualize the data and perform complex comparisons. Various Data Analysis and Visualization tools are used to overcome this problem. The research provides a comparative study on popular visualization tools -Gephi, Cytoscape, SocNetV and yEd that could be used in the analysis of large datasets. Comparison study is categorized based on their significance-basic functionalities, network types, graph layouts, input file formats, graph attributes. Researcher uses denotation to measure social network analysis and visualization tools based on attributes.
Prof. Priyanka Shah, Dr. Richa Mehta
Graph Mining, Social Network Analysis, Graph Attributes
- Lei Tang and Huan Liu, "GRAPH MINING APPLICATIONS TO SOCIAL NETWORK ANALYSIS",Computer Science & Engineering Arizona State University
- C. L. E. E.-Z. a. M. G. David Combe, "A comparative study of social network analysis and tools," International Workshop on Web Intelligence and Visual Enterprises 2, pp. 1-12, 2010.
- Nadeem Akhtar, "Social Network Analysis Tools", Department of Computer Engineering, Zakir Husain College of Engineering & Technology Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, India, DOI: 10.1109/CSNT.2014.83, April 2014
- "Basics of Graph," [Online]. Available: https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science/algorithms/graph-representation/a/describing-graphs.
- Ioana-Alexandra , "An overview of Software Applications for Social Network Analysis ", Volume 3, Issue 3, October 2013, 71-77
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Priyanka Shah, Dr. Richa Mehta, "Comparative Analysis of Social Network Analysis and Visualisation Tools", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.508-513 , January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1731124.php