One of the main key role in urban spatial organization is the urban road network. ArcGIS Network Analysis extension allows to build different spatial network and provides multiple solution to problems related on it , such as finding best and most efficient route , identify the closet facility and providing directions to access paths and determining the service area based on time and distance .This study illustrate the service area covered by hospital ,shopping center and universities that located in Khartoum center separately , and also help to determined inefficiency of this service in certain areas ,the IKONOS image of Khartoum has been subset ,geo-referenced , digitized to generate facilities locations and road’s shape file which has been generating topology and different analysisof road network in Khrtoum center was established.
Suaad M. Abuelwafaa, Mohamed ElAmin Ahmed Babiker
Network Analysis, Spatial Structure, Road Statistics.
- Assad, A. A. and Golden, B. L. (1995) Arc routing methods and applications. In: Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science, Volume 8 (M. O. Ball, T. L. Magnanti, C. L. Monma, and G. L.Nemhauser, eds.), pp. 375-483. Elsevier, Amsterdam
- Goodchild, M. F. (1998) Geographic information systems and disaggregate transportation modeling Geographical Systems, 5, 19-44
- Hu Weiping, Wu Chi, URBAN ROAD NETWORK ACCESSIBILITY EVALUATION METHOD BASED ON GIS SPATIAL ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES, The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. 38, Part II
- Manfred M. Fischer2003, GIS AND NETWORK ANALYSIS , Department of Economic Geography & Geoinformatics Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration Rossauer Lande 23/1 A-1090 Vienna, Austria
- Network Analyst Tutorial ( 2010) , ESRI , 1995-2010 Esri All rights reserved.
- Parveen Kumar, Dinesh Kumar (February 2016) , Network Analysis using GIS Techniques: A Case of Chandigarh City , International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 5 Issue 2,pp.409-411
- Smith, Richard C, David L Harkey, and Bobby Harris. January (2001) “Implementation of GIS-Based Highway Safety Analyses : Bridging the Gap."
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Suaad M. Abuelwafaa, Mohamed ElAmin Ahmed Babiker, "GIS Based Urban Road Network Analysis in Khartoum Center", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.556-560, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1731125.php