Today communication between deaf- mute and a normal person always have been a challenging task. Many researchers are focusing on communication between normal and deaf-mute person. To the best of our knowledge, little work has been done in this area. The main objective of this project is to present a system that can efficiently convert text to voice. In the deaf -mute communication interpreter is a device that translate the TEXT to auditory speech. For each text a signal is produced by the computer and send corresponding controller unit and it generate vibration signal. The deaf people are using this device by their mouth; hence they easily understand data given by the computer. The device can also be made to translate larger text. In addition, the system also includes a text to speech conversion (TTS) block which converts the matched gestures i.e. text to voice output, and also voice to voice output and also call making as output.
C. Umarani, J. Naskath, M. Banu, J. Uhaya Shanthi
Text to Speech (TTS), Voice to Voice (VTC), Voice User Interface (VUI), Voice Command Device (VCD).
- Peter Matetelki, Mate Pataki, Sandor Turbucz, Laszlo Kovacs,” An assistive interpreter tool using glove-based hand” , IEEE Canada International Humanitarian Technology Conference - (IHTC) 978-1-4799-3996-1/14/$31.00 ©IEEE 2014.
- Fernando Ramirez-Garibay,et al”MyVox-Device for the communication between people blind ,deaf, deaf-blind and unimpaired”,IEEE 2014 Global Humanitarian Technology Conference,2014.
- Syed Faiz Ahmed, Syed Muhammad Baber Ali, Sh. Saqib Munawwar Qureshi,” Electronic Speaking Glove for Speechless Patients A Tongue to a Dumb”, Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Conference on Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology, 20 & 21 November 2010.
- Anbarasi Rajamohan, Hemavathy R., Dhanalakshmi M.,” Deaf-Mute Communication Interpreter”, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology volume2 Issue 5,pp:336-341, 1 May 2013.
- Vinod J , Diljo Thomas” A Motion based Sign Language Recognition Method”, International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences, Volume 3 Issue 4, ISSN 2349-4476 , April 2015.
- Monali arun sonawane, Sanjay l. nalbalwar, Swarali sheth” voice to the voiceless on android platform” Proceedings of 25th IRF International Conference, Pune, India, ISBN: 978-93-85465-00-0, 26th April 2015.
- Mr.M.V.N.R.P.kumar, Mr.Ashutosh Kumar, Ms. S.B.Arawandekar, Mr. A. A. Bhosale, Mr. R. L.Bhosale” AVR based gesture vocalizer using speech synthesizer IC”International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, Vol.3, No.5, E-ISSN: 2321-9637, May 2015.
- Archana S. Ghotkar and Dr. Gajanan K. Kharate” Study of vision based hand gesture recognition using Indian sign language” International Journal on smart sensing and intelligent systems vol. 7, no. 1, march 2014.
- P. Subha Rajama, G. Balakrishnanb, “Recognition of Tamil Sign Language Alphabet using Image Processing to aid Deaf-Dumb People” International Conference on Communication Technology and System Design 2011.
- Deepak R, K R Rachith, Kevin Leo Jacob, Prashanth Kambli,” A Survey: Usage of Brain- Machine Interface in Various Applications” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056 Volume: 02 Issue: 01 | Apr-2015.
- Sachin Bhat, Amruthesh M, Chidanand Das, Ashik, Sujith,” Translating Indian Sign Language to text and voice messages using flex sensors” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication EngineeringVol. 4, Issue 5, May 2015.
- J. Thilagavathy, A. Jeyapaul Murugan, S. Darwin,” Embedded Based Hand Talk Assisting System for Deaf and Dumb” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 3 Issue 3, March – 2014.
- Alessandro L. Stamatto Ferreira, Leonardo Cunha de Miranda, Erica E. Cunha de Miranda, Sarah Gomes Sakamoto,” A Survey of Interactive Systems based on Brain-Computer Interfaces”SBC Journal on 3D Interactive Systems, volume 4, number 1, 2013.
- Devika Sharma, Ranju Kanwar,” Text to Speech Conversion with Language Translator under Android Environment”International Journal of Emerging Research in Management &Technology ISSN: 2278-9359 (Volume-4, Issue-6),June 2015.
- Mats Trulsson, Susan T. Francis, Richard Bowtell, and Francis McGlone,” Brain Activations in Response to Vibrotactile Tooth Stimulation: a Psychophysical and fMRI Study” 2010 The American Physiological Society, Submitted 24 June 2010; accepted in final form 24 July 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
C. Umarani, J. Naskath, M. Banu, J. Uhaya Shanthi, "Embedded Based Deaf Mute Communication System ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.543-548, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1731135.php