In This Paper Wind Systems, A/S which is one of the leading manufacturers of wind turbine systems in the world. The proposal deals with DC-DC connected offshore wind system. This is a promising technical solution regarding the increasing demand of electrical power and the long distances between on- and offshore sites. The main goal is the development of steady state models of an entire wind turbine system with selected AC-DC converters between the generator output and DC-DC connection of the wind turbines. The Buck-boost with a high frequency transformer and a three phase rectifier are selected for modeling this thesis. The models are used as a basis for the simulations of the two different wind turbine systems with a wind speed ramp as input. Relying on these simulations two performance factors are investigated, torque and speed, relating to which performance of DC drive is analyzed.
Prof. Ankita Kosti, Pramila Swami
DCdrive, MATLAB-Simulink invertor,PI controller
- Quaschning, Volker. Regenerative Energiesysteme. München : Hanser, 2014.
- Lewald, Norbert. Umweltvertragliche Erzeugung elektrischer Energie - Windkraftanlagen.
- Marques, André Madeira. Design, Control, Simulation and Energy Evaluation of a DC Offshore Wind Park. Instiuto Superior Téchnico, Universidade Ténica de Lisboa : s.n., 2015.
- Lei Shuai, Ana - Irina Stan, Tiberiu Mihai Stanciu, Daniel Ioan Stroe. Variable speed wind turbine equipped with synchronous generator. Aalborg University : s.n.
- Blaabjerg, Z. Chen, R. Teodorescu, F.Iov. Power Electronics in Wind Turbine Systems. Aalborg University, Institute of Energy Technology : s.n., 2016.
- Anca D. Hansen, Lars H. Hansen. Market penetration of wind turbine concepts over the years. Force Technology, Lyngby, Denmark; Risø National Laboratory, Wind Energy Department; Roskilde, Denmark : s.n., 2014.
- Paola Bresesti, Wil L. Kling, Ralph L. Hendriks, Riccardo Vailati. HVDC Connection of Offshore Wind Farms to the Transmission System. University of Eindhoven : s.n., March 2013.
- Jorge Varela Barreras, Fernando Valderrey Sánchez. A fast method to evaluate annual energy production of different off-shore wind farm configurations connected to a VSC-HVDC line transmission including evaluation of a new variable speed wind turbine concept based on RCC-Wrig. Aalborg University, Institute of EnergyTechnology, Denmark : s.n., 2015.
- Jovcic, N. Strachan. Offshore wind farm with centralised power conversion and DC interconnection. University of Aberdeen : s.n.
- Lundberg, Stefan. Configuration studies of large wind parks. Chalmers University of Technology, Department of Electric Power Engineering, Göteborg Sweden : s.n., 2013.
- Lazaridis, Lazaros P. Economic Comparison of HVAC and HVDC Solutions for Large Offshore Wind Farms under Special Consideration of Reliability. Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stockholm : s.n., 2015.
- Jovcic, J.V. Milanovic. Offshore Wind Farm Based on Variable Frequency Mini-Grids with Multiterminal DC Interconncection. University of Aberdeen,Universtiy of Manchester : s.n.
- Iov, M. Ciobotaru, F. Blaabjerg. Power Electronics Control of Wind Energy in Distributed Power Systems. DK-9220 Aalborg East, Denmark : s.n.
- Dr-Ing, Leibfried Porf. Energieübertragung und Netzregelung. Universität Karlsruhe : s.n. 15Ned Mohan, Tore M. Undeland, William P. Robbins. Power electronics. USA : s.n., 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Ankita Kosti, Pramila Swami, "Control of Speed and Torque of Two Quadrant DC Motor Drive Using Active Buck Boost Invertor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.101-104, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173123.php