The evaluation of power electronics has emerged since last few decades ago. The advancement in the power engineering has made many advantages as per cost, performance and size point of view. In recent years, the power electronics is used in many aspects of commercial, utility, military, transportation, aerospace, etc. A part of power electronics is DC-DC converter, and it has applicability in computers, spacecraft units, laptops, telecommunications and motor drives. The photovoltaic based energy generation is the modern way of generating the energy and is adopted all over the world. But the efficiency in power generation by the photovoltaic system varies with the climatic condition. To achieve better efficiency, DC-DC converter can be used. The technique called maximum power point tracking (MPPT) helps in efficiency optimization. This paper presents the survey over the existing energy optimization techniques; further efficiency optimization for future study is mentioned.
Prof. Nisheet Soni, Shivani Khare
DC-DC Converter, Efficiency, MPPT, Photo Voltaic Model
- Mohan, Ned, and Tore M. Undeland. Power electronics: converters, applications, and design. John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- Erickson, Robert W., and Dragan Maksimovic. Fundamentals of power electronics. Springer Science & Business Media, 2014.
- Rashid, Muhammad H. Power electronics : circuits, devices, and applications. Pearson Education India, 2014.
- Zhou, Siyuan, and Gabriel A. Rincon-Mora. "A high efficiency, soft switching DC-DC converter with adaptive current-ripple control for portable applications." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and systems Part 2 express BRIEFS 53.4, 319, 2016.
- Bose, Bimal K. "Power electronics and motor drives recent progress and perspective." IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 56.2, pp. 581-588, 2015.
- Selvaraj, Jeyraj, and Nasrudin A. Rahim. "Multilevel inverter for grid-connected PV system employing digital PI controller." IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 56.1, pp.149-158, 2015
- Zhao, Qun, and Fred C. Lee. "High-efficiency, high step- up DC-DC converters." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 18.1, pp. 65-73, 2014
- Zhou, Siyuan, and Gabriel A. Rincon-Mora. "A high efficiency, soft switching DC-DC converter with adaptive current-ripple control for portable applications." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems Part 2 Express Briefs 53.4 319, 2016
- Blaabjerg, Frede, Zhe Chen, and Soeren Baekhoej Kjaer. "Power electronics as efficient interface in dispersed power generation systems." IEEE transactions on power electronics 19.5, pp. 1184-1194, 2014
- Koutroulis, Eftichios, Kostas Kalaitzakis, and Nicholas Enslin, Johan HR, et al. "Integrated photovoltaic maximum power point tracking converter." IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 44.6, pp. 769-773, 2014
- De Brito, Moacyr Aureliano Gomes, et al. "Evaluation of the main MPPT techniques for photovoltaic applications." IEEE transactions on industrial electronics 60.3, pp.1156-1167, 2013
- Dolara, A., R. Faranda, and S. Leva. "Energy comparison of seven MPPT techniques for PV systems." Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications, 2009
- De Brito, Moacyr AG, et al. "Comparative analysis of MPPT techniques for PV applications." Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
- De Brito, M. A., Sampaio, L. P., Luigi, G., e Melo, G. A., & Canesin, C. A. Comparative analysis of MPPT techniques for PV applications. In Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), 2011 International Conference on (pp. 99-104). IEEE, 2011
- Liang, T. J., Chen, S. M., Yang, L. S., Chen, J. F., & Ioinovici, A. (2012). Ultra-large gain step-up switched- capacitor DC-DC converter with coupled inductor for alternative sources of energy. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, 59(4), 864-874.
- Zhang, L., Sun, K., Xing, Y., Feng, L., & Ge, H. A modular grid-connected photovoltaic generation system based on DC bus. IEEE transactions on power electronics, 26(2), 523-531, 2011
- Liu, B., Duan, S., & Cai, T. Photovoltaic DC-building- module-based BIPV system—Concept and design considerations. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 26(5), 1418-1429, 2011.
- Kadri, R., Gaubert, J. P., & Champenois, G. Nondissipative string current diverter for solving the cascaded DC–DC converter connection problem in photovoltaic power generation system. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 27(3), 1249-1258, 2012.
- Wai, R. J., Wang, W. H., & Lin, C. Y. (2008). High-performance stand-alone photovoltaic generation system. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics,55(1), 240-250.
- Das, M., & Agarwal, V. Novel High-Performance Stand- Alone Solar PV System With High-Gain High-Efficiency DC–DC Converter Power Stages.IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 51(6), 4718-4728., 2015
- Choi, W. Y. High-Efficiency DC–DC converter with fast dynamic response for low-voltage photovoltaic sources. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 28(2), 706-716, 2013
- Jiang, S., Cao, D., Li, Y., & Peng, F. Z. Grid-connected boost-half-bridge photovoltaic microinverter system using repetitive current control and maximum power point tracking. IEEE transactions on power electronics,27(11), 4711-4722, 2012.
- Kwon, J. M., Kwon, B. H., & Nam, K. H. High- efficiency module-integrated photovoltaic power conditioning system. IET Power Electronics,2(4), 410- 420, 2009.
- LaBella, T., Yu, W., Lai, J. S. J., Senesky, M., & Anderson, D. A bidirectional-switch-based wide-input range high-efficiency isolated resonant converter for photovoltaic applications. IEEE transactions on power electronics, 29(7), 3473-3484, 2014
- Shi, Y., Li, R., Xue, Y., & Li, H.. High-frequency-link- based grid-tied PV system with small DC-link capacitor and low-frequency ripple-free maximum power point tracking. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics,31(1), 328-339.
- Patel andW. Shireen, “Fast converging digital MPPT control for photovoltaic applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1–6, San Diego, Calif, USA, July 2011.
- Trejos, C. A. Ramos-Paja, and S. Serna, “Compensation of DC-link voltage oscillations in grid- connected PV systems based on high order dc/dc converters,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Alternative Energies and Energy Quality (SIFAE ’12), pp. 1–6, Barranquilla, Colombia, October 2012.
- Liang, A. Q. Huang, and R. Guo, “High efficiency switched capacitor buck-boost converter for PV application,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC ’12), pp. 1951–1958, Orlando, Fla, USA, February 2012.
- Zhang; Z. Wang; S. Shao, "A Three Phase Modular Multilevel DC-DC Converter for Power Electronic Transformer Applications," in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1, 2016
- Vinnikov; A. Chub; E. Liivik; I. Roasto, "High- Performance Quasi-Z-Source Series Resonant DC-DC Converter for Photovoltaic Module Level Power Electronics Applications," in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1, 2016
- Alassi and A. Massoud, "Modelling of DC-DC converters with continuous input current for high power PV applications," IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications & Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE), Penang Malaysia, pp. 171-176, 2016
- S. Ujita, "A fully integrated GaN-based power IC including gate drivers for high-efficiency DC-DC Converters," IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits (VLSI- Circuits), Honolulu, HI, USA, pp. 1-2, 2016.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Nisheet Soni, Shivani Khare, "A Review on PV Systems with DC-DC Converter", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.92-100, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173124.php