Convection is usually the dominant form of heat transfer in liquids and gases. Although sometimes discussed as a third method of heat transfer, convection is usually used to describe the combined effects of heat conduction within the fluid (diffusion) and heat transference by bulk fluid flow streaming. Convective heat transfer is the transfer of heat from one place to another by the movement of fluids, a process that is essentially the transfer of heat via mass transfer. Bulk motion of fluid enhances heat transfer in many physical situations, such as between a solid surface and the fluid. This paper refers to the convective heat transfer from a V-Fin Array whose surface is made black and the fins are sticked to it to form horizontal fin array and in form of V-Fins to form V-Fin array.
Prof. S. A.Wani, S. P.Mane, P. A.Mane, T. B. Patil
Heat Transfer, Natural Convection, V-Fins, Vertical Plate
- Starner K.E.and Mcmanus H.N.: 'An Experimental Investigation of Free Convection Heat Transfer from Rectangular Fin Arrays'; Journal of Heat Transfer, Trans ASME, Series C,85 1983.
- Baskaya, S, Sivrioglu, M, and Ozek, M: 'Parametric Study of Natural Convection Heat Transfer from Horizontal Rectangular Fin Arrays,'; International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 39, pp. 797–805,2000.
- Wankhede et.al.: 'Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer from Inverted Notch Fin Arrays (INFAUnder Natural and Forced Convections'; IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCEISSN: 2278-1684, pp: 14-22,2008.
- Karagiozis A.N.: 'An Investigation of Laminar Free Convection Heat Transfer from Isothermal Finned Surfaces'; Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo,Belgium,1991
- Prasolov R.S,: 'The effects of Surface Roughness of horizontal Cylinders on Heat transfer to air'; Inzhfiz. (In Russian), 4, 3-8, 1961.
- Heya N., Takeuchi M., and Fujii T.: 'Influence of Various Surface Roughness on Free convection Heat transfer from a Horizontal Cylinder'; Chem. Engg. J. Vol.23, 185-190, 1982.
- Bhavnani S.H., and Bergles A.E.: 'Effect of Surface Geometry and Orientation on Laminar Natural Convection Heat transfer from a Vertical Flat Plate with Transverse Roughness Elements'; Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 33, 965-969, 1990.
- Barhatte: 'Experimental and Computational Analysis and Optimization for Heat Transfer through Fins with Triangular Notch'; International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 7 ,ISSN 2250-2459, 2012.
- Toshihiro Tsuji, Tsuyoshi Kajitani, Tatsuhiko Nishino: 'Heat transfer enhancement in a turbulent natural convection boundary layer along a vertical flat plate'; International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 28, 1472–1483, 2007.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. S. A.Wani, S. P.Mane, P. A.Mane, T. B. Patil, "Experimental Comparison of Natural Convection Heat Transfer from Blackened Horizontal Fins and Blackened V-Fins on a Vertical Plate", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.155-159, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173131.php