Electroless coatings have been used in many industries now days due to their good properties, such as corrosion and wear resistance, hardness and uniform thickness. In this paper co-deposition of Co with Nickel-Phosphorus electroless coatings on low carbon steel AISI 1026 substrates was investigated. Surface morphology and composition of coatings were studied thorough SEM and EDX. XRD analyze showed that these coatings had amorphous structure with Co-P crystalline particles. Co-P particles increased the micro hardness of the coatings. A tribometer is an instrument that measures tribological quantities, such as coefficient of friction, friction force, and wear volume, between two surfaces in contact with each other. Result showed that Co-P electroless composite coatings increased wear resistance of the substrates.
A. Sathishkumar, M. Ashok Kumar, D.Venkatesa Prabu, M. Sakthivel
Electroless Nickel, Coating, Wear, Corrosion, Micro hardness
- N.Balaraju, T.S.N.Sankara narayanan and S.K.Seshdari –Electroless Ni-P composite coating.
- Reidel,Electroless plating (ASM International) 1991.
- Ambat R,Zhiu W.Electroless nickel-plating on AZ91D magnesium alloy:Effect of substrate microstructure and plating parameters.
- Zoheir – N. Farhat, Wear resistant composite coatings.
- N. Balaraju and K. S. Rajam, "Electroless deposition of Ni-Cu-P, Ni-W-P and Ni-W-Cu-P alloys," Surface and CoatingsTechnology
- Sankara Narayanan, S N, K Krishnaveni and S K Seshadri Electroless Ni-B coatings:Preparation and evaluation of hardness and wear resistance. Surface and Coatings Technology.
- Kumar, P S and P K Nair (1994) Studies on crystallization of electroless Ni-P deposits. Journal of Materials Processing Technology.
- N. Balaraju, V. E. Selvi, V. K. W. Grips, and K. S. Rajam,Electrochemical studies on electroless ternary and quaternary Ni-P based alloys.
- N. Balaraju, C. Anandan, and K. S. Rajam, "Influence of codeposition of copper on the structure and morphology of electroless Ni-W-P alloys from sulphate- and chloride-based baths," Surface and Coatings Technology.
- S.N. Sankara Narayanan, A. Stephen, S. Guruskanthan, Electroless Ni-Co-B ternary alloy deposits:preparation and characterertics,Surface and Coatings Technology.
- Aruna. S.T, William Grips. V.K, Rajam. K.S, Ni-based electrodeposited composite coating exhibiting improved microhardness, corrosion and wear resistance properties, Journal of Alloys and Compounds.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
A. Sathishkumar, M. Ashok Kumar, D.Venkatesa Prabu, M. Sakthivel, "Investigation of Wear Behaviour Properties of Electroless Ni-Co-P Ternary Alloy Coating", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.16-22, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET17314.php