This paper explore the recent trends in total quality management targeting at a better understanding of the current development in the industrial sector. Discussing the general figure of quality management, this paper aims to highlight the most recent and important trends at the moment. Due to the more competitive and sophisticated condition of markets, those companies which can demonstrate their ability to meet modern management that will only succeed. Concept of ISO 9000, Quality Function Development (QFD), Benchmarking, Statistical Process Control (SPC) etc. are successfully adopted by companies to survive and for long lasting in the present global market condition. The paper will touch few such trends which are generally adopted by industries in this era.
Total Quality Management, Benchmarking, QMS, FMEA, SPC, QFD, Six Sigma.
- Juran, J.M. (1974). Quality control handbook (3rd Ed.) New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Juran, J.M. (1988).Juran on Planning for Quality. New York: Free Press
- Deming, W.E. (1982). Quality Productivity and Competitive Position Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, Center for Advanced Engineering Study
- Feigenbaum, A.V. (1951). Quality control: Principles, Practice, and Administration. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Feigenbaum, A.V. (1983). Quality control (3rd Ed.) New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Crosby, P. B., Quality is Free, New York: McGraw Hill Book Co., 1979.
- Rosander, A. C., Applications of Quality Control in the Service Industries, Milwaukee Quality Press and New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1988.
- Brady, J. E. (2005). Six Sigma and the university: Teaching, research and Meso-analysis. Ph.D Dissertation, Ohio State University: US.
- Basu, R. & Wright, J.N. (2003). Quality Beyond Six Sigma, Butterworth Heinemann: Oxford.
- Taylor, F. W.: The Principles of Scientific Management. Harper Bros., New York, 1911, pp. 5-29.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kirtan Aryal, "Research Study of Recent Trends Adopted In Total Quality Management", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.222-227, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173148.php