The energy assessment must be made through the energy quantity as well as the quality. But the usual energy analysis evaluates the energy generally on its quantity only. However, the exergy analysis assessment the energy on quality as well as the quantity. The aim of the exergy analysis is to identify the magnitudes and the real energy losses, in order to improve the existing systems, processes components The exergy losses occurred in the various subsystems of the plant and their components calculate using the mass, energy and exergy balance equations. The first (energy efficiency) and the second law efficiency (exergy efficiency) of the plant will be calculated. The real losses of energy which has a scope for the improvement are given as maximum exergy losses that occurred.
Manoj Chourasiya, Suresh Kumar Badholiya
Exergy Efficiency, FLT, CPF, Thermal Exergy, HPT, HP, LPH2, LPT, LPH1, EXP, HPH3, STPS, CERC
- Hasan HE, Ali VA, Burhanettin, Ahmet D, Suleymen HS, Bahri S, Ismail T, Cengiz G, Selcuk A. Comparative energetic and exergetic performance analyses for coal-fired thermal power plants in Turkey. International Journal of thermal sciences 2009; 48:2179-86.
- Aljundi Islam H. energy and exergy analysis of steam power plant in Jordan. Applied thermal engineering 2009; 29:324-8.
- Datta A, Sengupta S, Dattagupta S. exergy analysis of coal based 210MW thermal power plant. International journal of energy research 2007; 31:14-28.
- Naterer GF, Regulangada P, dincer I. exergy analysis of thermal power plant with measured boiler and turbine losses. Applied thermal engineering 2010; 30:970-6.
- Rosen MA. Energy and exergy based comparison of coal-fired and nuclear steam power plants. International journal of exergy 2001; 3:180-92.
- Ganapathy T, Alagumurthi N, Gakkhar RP, Murugesan K. exergy analysis of operating lignite fired thermal power plants. Journal of engineering science and technology Review 2009; 2:123-30.
- Zubair SM, Habib MA. Second-law-based thermodynamic analysis of regenerative-reheat Rankine-cycle power plants. Energy 1992; 17:295-301.
- Reddy BV, Butecher CJ. Second law analysis of a waste heat recovery based power generation systems. International journal of heat and mass transfer 2007; 50:2355-63
- Suresh MVJJ, Reddy KS, Ajit KK. Energy and exergy analysis of thermal powr plants based on advanced steam parameters. In: national conference on advance in energy research. India: IITB; 2006
- Oktay Z. investigation of coal-fired power plants in Turkey and s case study: can be plant. Applied thermal engineering 2009; 29:550-7.
- Reddy BV, Mohamed K. exergy analysis of natural gas fired combined cycle power generation unit. International journal of exergy 2007; 4:180-96.
- Srinivas T, Gupta AVSSKS, Reddy BV. Performance simulation f 210MW natural gas fired combined cycle power plant. International journal of energy, heat and mass transfer 2007; 29:61-82.
- Can Gulen S, Smith WSR. Second law efficiency of the rankine bottoming cycle of a combined cycle power plant. International journal of engineering for Gas turbine and power 2010; 132:1-10.
- Datta A, Ganguly R, Sarkar L. energy and exergy analyses of an externally fired gas turbine (EFGT) cycle integrated with biomass gasifier for distributed power generation. Energy 2010; 35:341-50.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Manoj Chourasiya, Suresh Kumar Badholiya, "Energy and Exergy Analysis and Exergy Economics Analysis of Coal Based Thermal Power Plant", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.289-308, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173175.php