This paper deals with improving the voltage quality of sensitive loads from voltage sags using a dynamic voltage restorer. The higher active power requirement associated with voltage phase jump compensation has caused a substantial rise in size and cost of the dc link energy storage system of DVR. To improve sag compensation strategy, this mitigates the phase jump in the load voltage while improving the overall sag compensation time. An analytical study shows that the proposed method significantly increases the DVR sag support time (more than 50%) compared with the existing phase jump compensation methods. The presence of harmonics, voltage and frequency variations deteriorate the performance of the system. In this project the frequently occurring power quality problem- voltage variation is discussed. The voltage sag/dip is the most frequently occurring problem. There are many methods to overcome this problem. Among them the use of FACTS devices is an efficient one. The Fuzzy Logic Controller we can get accurate result for voltage mitigation and harmonic distortion. The proposed control strategies are simulated in MATLAB SIMULINK environment and the results are presented.
V. M. Jeevitha, A. Mythili
Dynamic voltage restorer (DVR), voltage phase jump compensation, voltage sag compensation, voltage source inverter (VSI).
- Mayank Paliwal, Rohit Chandra Verma and Shaurya Rastogi, (2014), "Voltage Sag Compensation Using Dynamic Voltage Restorer" Advance in Electronic and Electric Engineering. ISSN 2231-1297, Volume 4, Number 6 pp. 645-654.
- Sanjay Haribhai Chaudhary, Mr. Gaurav gangil, (2013), "Mitigation of voltage sag/swell using Dynamic voltage restorer" IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) e-ISSN: 2278-1676,p-ISSN: 2320-3331, Volume 8, PP 21-38.
- E1-Gammal, Amr Y. AbouGhazala, and Tarek. E1-Shennawy,(2011), "Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) for Voltage Sag Mitigation" International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics.
- Kapil P. Radadiya, Dr. Chirag K. Vibhakar, Sachin V. Rajani and Kishan J.Bhayan, (2013), "Voltage Sag/Swell Compensation Using Dynamic Voltage Restorer" Special Issue for National Conference On Recent Advances in Technology and Management for Integrated Growth.
- Patil, G.K.Mahajan, N.S.Wani, (2016), "Voltage Sag Compensation Using Dynamic Voltage Restore" International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056 Volume: 03 Issue: 05.
- Mustafanci,Tu Demirdelen, Kamil Caatay Bayndr, Mehmet Tumay, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey Beyaz University, Ankara, Turkey, (2015), "The Analysis and Performance Results of Bidirectional DC-DC Converter Based Dynamic Voltage Restorer under Voltage Sag/Swell" Conditions IEEE European Modelling Symposium.
- Samet Biricik, and Hasan Komurcugil, (2016), "Optimized Sliding Mode Control to Maximize Existence Region for Single-Phase Dynamic Voltage Restorers" DOI 10.1109/TII.2587769, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- Gregory A. A.Carlosy, CursinoB.Jacobinay and Euzeli C. dos Santos, Alagoas Brazil, (2015), "Investigation on Dynamic Voltage Restorers With Two DC Links and Series Converters for Three-Phase Four-Wire Systems" DOI:10.1109/TIA.2490040, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.
- Guodong Chen, Miao Zhu, Xu Cai1, (2013), "Medium-voltage level dynamic voltage restorer Compensation strategy by positive and negative sequence extractions in multiple reference frames" Published in IET Power Electronics.
- Soleiman Galeshi, Hossein Iman-Eini, (2015), "Dynamic voltage restorer employing multilevel cascaded H-bridge inverter" IET Power Electronics doi:10.1049/iet-pel.0335.
- H. Salimin and M. S. A. Rahim, (2011), "Simulation Analysis of DVR Performance for Voltage Sag Mitigation" The 5th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2011), Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia: 6-7, pp. 261-266.
- PaisanBoonchiaml PromsakApiratikull and Nadarajah Mithulananthan, (2016), "Detailed Analysis of Load Voltage Compensation for Dynamic Voltage Restorers" IEEE Transactions.
- Omar R and Rahim, N.A. (2009), "New Control Technique Applied in Dynamic Voltage Restorer for Voltage Sag Mitigation" Industrial Electronics and Applications, 2009. 4th IEEE Conference, pp.848 – 852, ICIEA.
- P. Tiwari and Sunil Kumar Gupta, (2010), "Dynamic Voltage Restorer against Voltage Sag" International Journal of Innovation Management and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 3.
- Teke K. Bayindir and M.Tu¨may, (2010), "Fast sag/swell detection method for fuzzy logic controlled dynamic voltage restorer" IET Gener. Transm. Distrib, Vol. 4, Iss.1. pp. 1–12.
- R.Azim, Md. A. Hoque, (2011), "A Fuzzy Logic based Dynamic Voltage Restorer for voltage Sag and Swell Mitigation for Industrial Induction Motor Loads" International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 30– No.8.
- Panda, A.K. Mahapatra, (2011), "Fuzzy logic controller-based Dynamic voltage restorer for mitigation of voltage sags" International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.3 No. 2.
- Teke, K.Bayindir, M.Tumay,(2007),"A robust control of dynamic voltage restorer using fuzzy logic"International Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics, pp.55-60.
- Suma Jothibasu, Mahesh K. Mishra, (2014), "Improved Direct AC-AC Converter for Voltage Sag Mitigation" DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2334668, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
- Chandan Kumar, and Mahesh K. Mishra, Senior Member, (2014), "Predictive Voltage Control of Transformer less Dynamic Voltage Restorer" DOI:10.1109/TIE.2365753, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
V. M. Jeevitha, A. Mythili, "Improvement of Voltage Sag Compensation Scheme for Dynamic Voltage Restorer", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.383-388, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173176.php