Mastitis in dairy cattle is the persistent, inflammatory reaction of the udder tissue. Mastitis, a potentially fatal mammary gland infection, is the most common disease in dairy cattle. Hence, this paper was distributed to work out the existence of mastitis victimization three diagnostic tests by the different risk factors like lactation, age, breed, quarters, herd and season. The results shows that surf field mastitis check (SFMT) is that the most sensitive check for identification of bovine mastitis, the aged cows with later a part of lactation amount were additional vulnerable to bovine mastitis, and exotic breeds like Holstein freshen (HF) were additional liable to bovine mastitis. The existence of subclinical and clinical mastitis was additional in single and two quarters, severally, and therefore the rate of bovine mastitis was additional in unorganized herds. The study shows that SCM is directly related to lactation amount, age, and environmental factors of the cow and clinical mastitis is additional related to breed of the cow and environmental conditions.
M. Naseemunnisa, S. K. Mahmood, M. Silar Mohammed
Bovine Mastitis, SCM, SFMT
- H. Reza,F.M.Mehran,M. S.Majid, and M.Hamid, "Bacterial pathogens of intramammary infections in Azeri buffaloes of Iran and their antibiogram, " African Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 2516–2521, 2011.
- M. Swinkels, H. Hogeveen, and R. N. Zadoks "A partial budget model to estimate economic benefits of lactational treatment of subclinical Staphylococcus aureus mastitis," Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 88, no. 12, pp. 4273–4287, 2005.
- Halasa, K.Huijps, O. Øster?as, and H. Hogeveen, "Economic effects of bovine mastitis and mastitis management: a review," Veterinary Quarterly, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 18–31, 2007.
- P. Varshney and R. Naresh, Homeopathy, "Evaluation of a homeopathic complex in the clinical management of udder diseases of riverine buffaloes," vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 2004.
- Z. Khan, F. Rahman, and M. T. Ahmad, "Surf fieldmastitis test: an inexpensive new tool for evaluation of wholesomeness of fresh milk," G. Muhammad, M. Athar, A. Shakoor, Pakistan Journal of Food Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 91–93, 1995.
- "Antibiogram of bacteria isolated from bovine subclinical mastitis," D. K. Sharma, P. K. Jallewar, and K. K. Sharma, Indian Veterinary Journal, vol. 87, no. 4, p. 407, 2010.
- M.Murphy and J. J. Hanson, "ModifiedWhiteside test for the detection of chronic bovine mastitis," Cornell Veterinary, vol. 31, article 47, 1941.
- R. Batra and A. J. McAllister, "A comparison of mastitis detection methods in dairy cattle," Canadian Journal of Animal Science, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 305–312, 1984.
- Emanuelson, T.Olsson, O. Holmberg et al., "Comparison of some screening tests for detecting mastitis," Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 880–887, 1987.
- G.W. Snedecor and W. G. Cochran, "Statistical Methods, "Oxford and IBH Publishing, Calcutta, India, 6th edition, 1967.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Naseemunnisa, S. K. Mahmood, M. Silar Mohammed, "Determination of Bovine Mastitis in Cows by Considering the Different Parameters Like Lactation, Age, Breed, Quarters, Herd, and Season Wise in Kurnool, A. P.", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.351-355 , January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173187.php