Circular patch micro strip antennas are the light weight, low cost, low volume and easily manufacturable antennas and becoming progressively popular due to their additional advantages of its compatibility with microwave, millimeter integrated circuits (MIC's) and monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMIC's) because of this reason they are also capable of producing Circular polarization which finds application in airborne and spacecraft application. Changing the design of Circular patch microstrip antenna with respect to its radius, slots and feeding techniques as our motive was to achieve miniature antenna with better results in terms of return loss and bandwidth and impedance matching than conventional antenna’s. The solution provided by IE3d which is method-of-moments-based electromagnetic (EM) software. It is analytical and therefore more methodical and accurate than numerical and ray tracing techniques. This paper reviews the performance analysis of A circular patch antenna which provides linear polarization and monopole-like radiation pattern , Circular Array Patch Antenna of 2 × 1 array dimensions with Double Circular Slots , Annular-Ring Slot Antenna for WiMAX and WLAN Applications and giving Circularly Polarization  and Microstrip Antenna of Narrow Half-Ring and Half-Circular Patch giving Dual-Frequency band .
Neha Rhangdale, Prof. Prashant Yadav
Circular patch, MMIC's , MIC's, Linear polarization, Low Cross-Polarization, monopole-like radiation pattern
- Shuo Liu, Wen Wu, and Da-Gang Fang: Wideband Monopole-Like Radiation Pattern Circular Patch Antenna With High Gain and Low Cross-Polarization in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION, VOL. 64, NO. 5, MAY 2016.
- Nik Muhammad Farid Nik MohdSalleh, MohdFareqAbdMalek, Nornikman Hassan, AmierHafizun Ab Rashid,: 2 × 1 Circular Array Patch Antennas with Double Circular Slots for WLAN Application in Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015.
- Chow-Yen-Desmond Sim*, Ming-Hsuan Chang, Horng-Dean Chen, Tuan-Yung Ha and Jeen-Sheen Row Dept. of Electrical Engineering:’ Circularly Polarized Annular-Ring Slot Antenna for WiMAX 2.3 GHz and WLAN 2.4 GHz Applications IEEE 978-1-4799-3540-6/14/$31.00 ©2014
- Xin Hu, Yuanxin Li, Member, IEEE, Wenkuan Chen, Hong-Zhou Tan, Senior Member, IEEE, and Yunliang Long, Senior Member, IEEE: Novel Dual-Frequency Microstrip Antenna With Narrow Half-Ring and Half-Circular Patch in IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, VOL. 12, 2013
- Ahmed FatthiAlsager : Design and Analysis of Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays Electrical Engineering– Communication and Signal processing. Thesis No. 1/2011.
- Keshav Gupta#1, Kiran Jain#2, Pratibha Singh: Analysis And Design Of Circular Microstrip Patch Antenna At 5.8GHz Keshav Gupta et al, / (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 5 (3) , 2014, 3895-3898.
- M. Kokotoff, R. B. Waterhouse, C. R. Birtcher, and J. T. Aberle, “Annular ring coupled circular patch with enhanced performance,” Electron. Lett., vol. 33, no. 24, pp. 2000–2001, Nov. 1997.
- Liu, Q. Xue, H. Wong, H. W. Lai, and Y. Long, “Design and analysis of a low-profile and broadband microstrip monopolar patch antenna,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 11–18, Jan. 2013.
- L. Zhou, L. Li, and J. S. Hong, “Compact UWB printed monopole antenna with dual narrow band notches for WiMAX/WLAN bands,” Electron. Lett., vol. 47, pp. 1111–1112, Sep. 2011.
- Avila-Navarro, C. Cayuelas, and C. Reig, “Dual-band printed dipole antenna for Wi-Fi 802.11n applications,” Electron. Lett., vol. 46, pp. 1421–1422, Oct. 2010.
- W. Jiang and W. Che, “A novel UWB antenna with dual notched bands for WiMAX and WLAN applications,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 11, pp. 293–296, 2012
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Neha Rhangdale, Prof. Prashant Yadav, "A Review on Microstrip Circular Patch Antennas for Wireless Communication", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.365-369 , January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173189.php