The evaluation of the changeability of software program structures is of most important subject for customers of big structures found in rapid moving domains, which include telecommunications. One way of approaching this problem is to research the dependency between the changeability of the software program and its layout, with the aim of locating design properties that can be used as changeability signs. In the realm of object- orientated systems, experiments have been performed showing that coupling among classes is such an indicator. However, magnificence brotherly love has now not been quantitatively studied in admire to changeability. In this research, we set out to research whether brotherly love is correlated with changeability. As concord metrics, LCC and LCOM have been followed, and for measuring changeability, an alternate impact version changed into used. The facts gathered on three take a look at systems of commercial size suggest no such correlation. Guide investigation of training purported to be weakly cohesive showed that the metrics used do now not seize all of the facets of
sophistication cohesion. We finish that cohesion metrics inclusive of LCC and LCOM ought to not be used as changeability indicators.
Annushri Sethi, Prof. Ritu Tandon
Cohesion, Coupling, Object Oriented Software, CBO
- Krishnapriya, K. Ramar, "Exploring the Difference Between Object Oriented Class Inheritance and Interfaces Using Coupling Measures," ace, pp.207-211, 2010 International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering, 2010
- K.Aggarwal, Yogesh Singh, ArvinderKaur, RuchikaMalhotra. "Empirical Study of Object-Oriented Metrics",2006
- Martin Hitz, BehzadMontazeri."Measuring Coupling and In Object-Oriented Systems" in Angewandte Informatik (1995)
- James M. Bieman andByung-kyookang."Cohesion and Reuse in Object Oriented System" Department of Computer Science, Colorado State University Fort Collins,Colorado,1995
- Shyam R. Chidamberand Chris F. Kemerer" A Metrics Suite For object Oriented Design" IEEE Transactions on software Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 1994
- " Inheritance in Programming Languages" Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,Wright State University ,Dayton, OH-45435
- ArtiChhikara Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi, India. R.S.Chhillar "Applying Object Oriented Metrics to C#(C Sharp) Programs" Deptt. Of Computer Sc.And Applications, Rohtak, India.SujataKhatriDeenDyalUpadhyaya College, Delhi, India(2011)
- Christopher L. Brooks, Chrislopher G. Buell, "A Tool for Automatically Gathering Object-Oriented Metrics", IEEE, 1994
- Friedrich Stiemann, Philip Mayer and Andreas Meibner, "DecouplingClasses with Inferred Interfaces", Proceedings of the 2006 ACMSymposium on Applied Computing, P.No:1404 – 1408.
- Pradeep Kumar Bhatia, Rajbeer Mann, " An Approach to Measure Software Reusability of OO Design", Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Challenges & Opportunities in InformationTechnology(COIT-2008),RIMT-IET,MandiGobissndgarh, March 29, 2008.
- Fried Stiemann, Wolf Siberski and Thomas Kuhne, " Towards the Systematic Use of Interfaces in Java Programming", 2nd Int. Conf. on the Principles and practice of Programming in Java PPJ 2003, P.No:13-17.
- Girba, T.; Lanza, M.; Ducasse, S. (2005) Characterizing the Evolution of Class Hierarchies. Proceedings of the 9th European International Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering.Manchester, UK, pp.2-11.
- Gilb, T. (1976) Software Metrics. Chartwell-Bratt, Cambridge, MA.
- Hall, T., Rainer, A., Jagielska, D. (2005) Using software development progress data to understand threats to project outcomes. Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Software Metrics Symposium (METRICS 2005). Como, Italy, 10 pages.
- Harrison R., Counsell S. and Nithi R.: "Experimental Assessment of the Effect of Inheritance on the Maintainability of Object-Oriented Systems", the Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 52, pp. 173-179, 2000.
- Henry, S.M., Kafura, D.G. (1981) Software structure metrics based on information flow. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 7(5):510-518.
- Hudli, R., Hoskins, C., Hudli, A., "Software Metrics for Object-oriented Designs", IEEE, 1994.
- Judith Barnard," A new reusability metric for object-oriented software Journal software quality control volume 7 issue 1, 1998.
- Kemerer, C.F. and Slaughter, S. (1999) An Empirical Approach to Studying Software Evolution. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 25(4):493-509.
- Ken Pugh," Interface Oriented Design", Chapter 5, 2005.
- Lee, Y., Liang, B., Wang, F., "Some Complexity Metrics for Object-Oriented Programs Based on Information Flow", Proceedings: CompEuro, March, 1993, pp. 302-310.
- C., Briand, Daly, J., Wust, J. (1999b) A unified framework for coupling measurement in object-oriented systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 25(1):91-121.
- Lehman, M. M., Programs, Cities, Students, Limits to Growth?, Inaugural Lecture, in Imperial College of Science and Technology Inaugural Lecture Series, Vol. 9, 211-229 (1970, 1974). Also in Programming Methodology, (D. Gries. ed.), Springer Verlag, 42-62 (1978). Reprinted in Lehman and Belady, 1985.
- Lorenz, Mark and Kidd, Jeff, Object-Oriented Software Metrics, Prentice Hall Publishing, 1994.
- Lorenz, M., Kidd, I. (1994) Object-Oriented Software Engineering Metrics, Prentics-Hall Englwood Cliff, NJ.
- Marcela Genero, Mario Piattini and Coral Calero," A Survey of Metrics for UML Class Diagrams", in Journal of Object Technology,Vol. 4, No. 9, Nov-Dec 2005.
- McCabe, T. (1976) A software complexity measure. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2(4):308-320.
- Mohsen D. Ghassemi and Ronald R. Mourant,"Evaluation of Coupling in the Context of Java Interfaces", Proceedings OOPSLA 2000, P. No: 47-48, Copyright ACM 2000, 1-58113-307-3/00/10.
- Mathew Cochran, "Coding Better: Using Classes Vs Interfaces", January 18th, 2009
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Annushri Sethi, Prof. Ritu Tandon, "A Novel Approach to Find Reusability using Coupling and Cohesion Metrics", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.370-377, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173193.php