Weed plant competes with crop plant for soil nutrients, moisture, light and space, thereby reducing the production and increasing cost of maintaining the farm. Many methods of weed control (Mechanical, chemical, cultural, biological) have been tried with varied degrees of success but our traditional farmers cannot adapt them due to their finance, skill, knowledge involved and the land holding system and very much less efficiency of the existing technologies. The weeder consists of main frame / handle, soil cutter (wedge), spikes, wheel bearing, epicyclic gear train along with gear box to increase the torque for high load application. The weeder is quite simple, effective and the result is immediately observed.
Rajat Bhosale, Akshay Herkar, Avinash Herkar, Narayan Shinde
Rotary hoe, Reduction gear box, Parallelogram linkage, cam and follower mechanism, inter row weeding techniques.
- J. O. Olaoye , O. D. Samuel , and T. A. Adekanye , "Performance Evaluation of an Indigenous Rotary Power Weeder" Energy and Environmental Engineering Journal , Volume 1, Issue2, September, 2012.
- Gopal U. Shinde and Shyam R. Kajale, "Design Optimization in Rotary Tillage Tool System Components by Computer Aided Engineering Analysis", International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 3, No. 3, June 2012
- Z. Gobor1 P Schulze Lammers2, "Prototype of a rotary hoe for intra-row weeding, 12th IFTOMM World Congress, Besancon (France)", June18-21, 2007
- C. Cordilla, T.E. Grift b, Design and testing of an intra-row mechanical weeding Machine for corn, Bio system engineering, 810 (2011)
- A.R. Kamal and N.O. Oladipo, "Development of a Manually Operated Ridge Profile Weeder", Global Journal of Current Research Vol. 2 No. 4. 2014. Pp.70-73
- Achyut S Raut1 Akshay T Agalave2 Sanket S Kelaskar3 Rahul B Mane4 Ravindra R Sutar5,"Design and Fabrication of Single Axle, Self-Propelled Multi Attachment Agricultural Machine", IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 4, Issue 02, 2016 |
- Pratik A. Jain1, Mr. U. C. Agashe2, Dr. M. R. Phate3, "Design and Analysis of Electro-Mechanical Rotary Hoe for Soil Cultivation and Weeding", iJESC, Volume 6 Issue No. 7
- Mohd Hudzari Razali, Rizuwan Yahaya, Abdul Ssomad M.Abd Halim, Syazili Roslan, "Study of usefulness of rotary tiller in agricultural practice", ISSN, (2013)
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rajat Bhosale, Akshay Herkar, Avinash Herkar, Narayan Shinde, "Design and Fabrication of Agricultural Rotary Weeder ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.362-365, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732104.php