Electric Solar car is an electric vehicle powered completely or significantly by direct solar energy using the photovoltaic (PV) cells. The Analysis and understanding of Electrical and PV systems seems to be highly intuitive for fabrication of successful design of prototype. The main focus of our project is to design and analysis an effective braking system for electric solar car. A hydraulic disc brake system is design with three disc plates. Two plates are mounted in the front axle and one in the rear axle assisting to stop the vehicle instantly after applying the brake. Tandem master cylinder is used to apply hydraulic pressure which is transferred to the wheel units through two separate circuits.
Report includes complete theory and procedure adopted for selecting the parameters, materials and designing of a brake system. Report is concluded with some Innovative ideas and future scope
Mohammed Asif, Ramavath Suman, Md Azher Jaffer, Junaid Shareef, Mohammed Akram
Disc Brake, Master Cylinder, Calipers, Actuator, Spoiler.
James Walker,"The Physics of Braking System", Jr scR Motorsports, Copyright 2005 StopTech LLC.
- Dr. Kirpal Singh,"Automobile Engineering", Standard Publisher Distributor, 13th Edition 2013.
- Savio Pereira, Omkar Vaishampaya, Akshay Joshi,"A Review on Design of Hydraulic Disc Brkaes and Calculations", PVG’s COET, Pune 411009, Vol 3, Issue 2, February 2014.
- Amogh Deshpande,"Development of Hydraulic Brake Design System Application", International Journal of Research in Science and Technology, Vol 5, Issue 3, Jul-Sep.
- Limpert Rudolf,"Brakes Design and Safety",Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrandale, Inc, 2nd Edition.
- Robert Bosch GmbH, “Automotive Handbook" 2nd Edition, Stuttgart, 1996.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mohammed Asif, Ramavath Suman, Md Azher Jaffer, Junaid Shareef, Mohammed Akram, "Hydraulic Disc Braking System of Electric Solar Car", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.469-476, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732127.php