Critical Success Factor (CSF) is necessary in construction industry to achieve its goal. Construction industry in India has shown a significant development in recent years and its effect on environment has also increased. Building projects are becoming more difficult and complex nowadays. The project team is facing unprecedented changes. Building maintenance play an important role compared to other factors in building operation. Also, construction research and development process has various factors which affect its success. The earlier approach to success in the construction industry places great emphasis on the ability to plan and implement projects. In the past, companies completing projects in a timely manner within a stipulated budget and meeting optimum quality have been considered successful companies. Minimizing an importance on management practices and organizational stability, companies with successful project completion have been considered as top-performers. In contrast, other industries insist management practices at a corporate level as an essential element of success. However, the future environment of the construction company will be different due to technological and economic advancements. The critical success factors are considered to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the project. The aim of this study is to identify the critical success factor, analyse them and point out which critical factors are important in stages of construction. Some of the factors are identified as crucial to success of the project.
S. Srimathi, S. Dinesh, R. Sethuraman
Critical Success Factor, Construction Project, Success, Research and Development
- Baisali Patra et.al “Performance of Environmental Critical Factors in Environmental Building Project” International Journal of Education and Applied Research, volume-4, Issue-2, July- Dec 2014.
- Sushil Kumar Shilva et.al “Critical Success Factor: En Route for Success of Construction Project” International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol.7, No.3; March 2016.
- Abdelnaser Omran et.al “An Evaluation of the Critical Success Factors for Construction Project” Journal of Economic Behaviour, Vol.2, 2012.
- Jing Yang et.al “Exploring Critical Success Factors for Stakeholder Management in Construction Projects” Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 2009.
- Hassan Sharaffudin and Abdulla AL-Mutairi “Success Factor for Implementation of BOT Projects” International Journal of Business and Management, Volume 10, No.9; 2015.
- Pankaj P. Bhangale “Analysis of Critical Factor for High Rise Building” International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol 7, Issue 2, July 2016.
- S.H. Zulkarnain et.al “A Review of Critical Factor in Building Maintenance Management Practise for University Sector” International Journal of Civil, Environmental, Structural, Construction and Architectural Engineering Vol: 5, No: 5, 2011.
- G.Arslan and S.Kivrak “Critical Factors to Company Success in Construction Industry” International Journal of Social, Behavioural, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, Vol: 2, No: 9, 2008.
- U. Kulatunga et.al “Implementation of Critical Success Factor in Construction Research and Development Process” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.2, No.9, 2010, pp.96-106.
- Ehsan Alvani et.al “Analysis of Critical Success Factor in Design Built Project” International Journal of Innovative, Science Engineering and Technology, Volume 1, Issue 6, August 2014.
- Chirag Patel et.al “Exploring Critical Success Factor of Building Project” International Journal of Science Development and Research, Vol.1, Issue.5, May 2016.
- Dubem I. Ikediashi et.al “Analysis of Project Failure Factor for Infrastructure Projects in Saudi Arabia” Journal of Construction in Developing Countries, 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. Srimathi, S. Dinesh, R. Sethuraman, "A Review on Critical Success Factors In Construction Project", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.477-481, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732148.php