Human comfortness is essential now a day because of the improvement in life style and increasing central air conditioning is more reliable for easy operation with a lower maintenance cost. With large buildings such as commercial complex, auditorium, office buildings are provided with central air conditioning system. Educational and research institutions also need human comfortness, as the population of student community increase year by year. The effective designing of ducting in central air conditioning can provide human comfort, low power consumption, capital cost and improve asthetic of building . This project establishes the results of duct designing for air conditioning using ASHRAE for a commercial building. Duct design items such as duct size, CFM each space pressure drop at each diffuser, elbow, T, taper reducer and duct class, duct material . Using ASHRAE and SMACNA fundamental hand book, maintaining ASHRAE and SMACNA standard.
S. M Azfar Hashmi, Chanduri Rajendra Prasad, Syed Faheem, Syed Obaid Ur Rahman, Syed Mujeeb Ali
Overall heat transfer coefficient,HAP (Hourly analysis program),Duct designing,Duct drafting
- Milne, M, et al., “ Climate Consultant 40 Develops Design Guidelines for Each Unique Climate, “proceedings of the American Solar Society. Buffalo New York, 2009.
- Givoni, b., Man Climate and Architecture, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1981.
- Givoni, B., Climate Considerations in building and Urban Design. John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1998.
- Driscoll, M. P., Psychology of learning for Instruction. Pearson Education, Florida State University, 2005.
- “Fundamentals of HVACR “ by Carter Stanfield, David Skaves 2009.
- “HVAC Simplified” by Stephan P. Kavanaugh 2006.
- DeWalt’s HVAC/R Professional Reference by Paul Rosenburg 2006.
- HVAC Troubleshooting Guide –Rex Miller 2009.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. M Azfar Hashmi, Chanduri Rajendra Prasad, Syed Faheem, Syed Obaid Ur Rahman, Syed Mujeeb Ali, "Cooling Load Calculation during Summer & Duct Design and Duct Drafting for Commercial Project ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.501-508, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732152.php