Touch screens are becoming more and more prevalent ,We are using them almost everywhere, including tablets, mobile phones, PC displays, ATM machines and so on. Although multi-touch technology is currently are search focus in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. Multi-touch system is based on touch technology that utilizes touch sensing as an input. It existed ubiquitously in our daily life such as on smart phones or different types of portable devices. In this paper , several foreign multi-touch technologies based on senor and computer vision are introduced and the advantages and disadvantages of these technologies are analyzed briefly. It is important for studying the technology of detection and tracking touch-point in multi-touch. Furthermore the FTIR (Frustrated Total Internal Reflection) and DI (Diffused Illumination) which are based on computer vision multi-touch technology are highlighted. Also, introduces early researches on this area and then focuses on current researches of multitouch and gesture recognition. It discussed about, types of touches, implementation &design, Gesture Sets and Recognition, multitouch gesture. Finally, several crucial techniques in the field of multi-touch technology are also discussed.
Sheetal A.Paturde, Dr. Vijay.S.Gulhane
Multitouch, gestures, user Interfaces, senor, Computer vision, FTIR, DI, multitouch Gesture.
- Rong Chang, Feng Wang and Pengfei You, “ASurvey on the Development of Multi-touch Technology”, IEEE, (2010).
- B. Buxton, “Multi-Touch systems that I have known and loved,” Microsoft Research, (2009).
- Microsoft.Surface.http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/Index.html.18S. Do-Lenh, et al., “Multi-Finger interactions with papers on augmented.
- Liwen Xu, Multitouch and Gesture: A Literature Review of Multitouch and Gesture University of Toronto Bahen Centre, 40 St. George Street, Room 4242,Toronto, Ontario M5S 2E4xuliwenx@cs.toronto.edu.
- Low-Cost Multi-Touch Sensing through FTIR by Jefferson Y. Han.
- Mrs. Mrudula Nimbarte,” multi-touch screen interfaces and gesture analysis: a study” Advanced Computing: An International Journal (ACIJ ), Vol.2, No.6, November (2011).
- Anjul Jain(1), Diksha Bhargava(2),Anjani Rajput, “touch-screen technology” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (IJARCSEE)Volume 2, Issue 1, January (2013).
- Murugappan, S., Vinayak, Elmqvist, N. and Ramani, K.Extended multitouch: recovering touch posture and dif- ferentiating users using a depth camera. In Proc.UIST '12. 487-496.
- Wigdor, D., Benko, H., Pella, J., Lombardo, J., Williams, S. Rock & Rails: Extending Multi-touch Interactions with Shape Gestures to Enable Precise Spatial Manipulations. In Proc. CHI 2011, ACM Press(2011), 1581-1590.
- Buxton, W., Myers, B. A study in two-handed input. Proc. CHI '86, (1986), 321-326.
- Buxton, W., Hill, R. Rowley, P. Issues and techniques in touch-sensitive tablet input. Proc. SIGGRAPH'85, Computer Graphics, 19(3), (1985), 215-223.
- Sears A., Plaisant C., Shneiderman B.: A new era for high precision touchscreens. Advances in human-computer interaction (vol. 3), (1993), 1-33.
- Potter, R.L., Weldon L.J., Shneiderman B. Improving the accuracy of touch screens: an experimental evaluation of three strategies. Proc. CHI’88, (1988),27-32.
- Agarawala,A.andBalakrishnan,R.2006.Keepin'it real: Pushing the desktop metaphor with.
- Nuigroup. Touchlib. http://nuigroup.com/touchlib
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sheetal A.Paturde, Dr. Vijay.S.Gulhane, "Multitouch and Gesture Recognition Technology Using Computer Interaction", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.595-605, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732163.php