Super heater is one of the integral part of the boiler. Design of super heater is modified compared to previous super heater to improve steam output . In huge power plants super heater have two stages in between this two stages de-super heater are used. The main function of de-super heater is to control the temperature of the steam by sprinkling the water drops on its outer surface which gets contact to the flue gases . Thus temperature will be controlled without any losses. De-super heater can only be used in large power plants as it occupies huge space and also expensive. In this project according to design procedure , fabrication of damper in super heater chamber is made. Which works manually and acts as de-super heater. Which controls the direction of flue gases. This manual operation comparatively economical and occupies less space than de-super heater. The operation of the damper in super heater chamber is as follows : by inserting the damper in super heater chamber diverts the flue gases as this controls the heat from the flue gases touching the super heater tubes. By opening the damper flue gases are allowed to touch the super heater tubes . By this tube failure is controlled and efficiency of the super heater increases.
Patlola Rajender Reddy, Gaddam Arun Reddy, Doddigarla Prashanth Kumar, S Prasad Kumar
Super Heater, Boiler, Fabricated, Damper Construction, Assembling or welding, MMAW, SMAW
- Shaji Kumar K.R. - "An Investigation on Tube Temperature Distribution in a Water Tube Boiler” IOSR Journal Of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSRJMCE) ISSN: 2278-1684 Volume 2, Issue 3 (Sep-Oct. 2012) PP 45-50.
- Raja Saripally, Ting Wang and Benjamin Day. (2005) Simulation of combustion and thermal flow in an Industrial boiler, Proceedings of 27th Industrial Energy Technology Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Rahimi Masoud, Abbas Khoshhal and Syed Mehdi Shariati, (2006) CFD modeling of boiler tubes rupture. Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, 26, 2192-2200.
- Mckenty. F., Gravel L., and Camarero.R. (1999) Numerical simulation of industrial boilers. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 16 (4) 482-488.
- M.M.Rahman and Sukahar,(2008). Tube temperature distribution in water tube boiler – A parametric study by Finite element method. International Conference on Construction and Building Technology, ICCBT-2008, 14, 157- 170
- Purbolaksono, J., Khinani A, Ali A.A., Rashid A.Z., and Nordin.N.F (2009) Iterative technique and finite Element simulation for supplemental condition monitoring of water-tube boiler. Journal of Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory, 17, 897-910.
- Efim Korytnyi, Roman Saveliev, Miron Perelman and Boris Chudnovsky (2008) Computational fluid dynamic Simulation of coal fired utility boilers: An emerging tool, Fuel, Elsevier.
- Khalil Ranjbar, (2007). Failure analysis of boiler cold and hot re-heater tubes. Journal of Engineering Failure Analysis, 14, 620-625
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Patlola Rajender Reddy, Gaddam Arun Reddy, Doddigarla Prashanth Kumar, S Prasad Kumar , "Design and Fabrication of Super Heater Used In Boiler", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.539-545, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732173.php