The corrosion is the major issue which is effecting the materials properties. To overcome this disadvantage the ceramic coatings are used. The use of coatings on materials is now widespread in global manufacturing for reducing production cost and improving productivity, all of which are essential if industry is to remain economically competitive. As per industrial requirements materials may be get failed due to their mechanical properties like strength, hardness of these materials can be improved by coating. The durability of material depends on its quality. Good quality material is inherently durable. The materials which are coated have high strength than that of the uncoated materials. In this paper, we review the ceramic coating process, types of corrosion on the metals and corrosion resistance of the material.
Pusuluri Sriharsha, Sumith Kumar, Birudala Raga Harshith Reddy, Rontala Saketh Reddy
Surface Coatings, Corrosion, Corrosion Resistance , Ceramic Coatings
- Deen, K. M., Ahmad, R., and I.H. Khan (2009): Corrosion Protection Evaluation of Mild Steel Painted Surface by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, Journal of Quality and Technology Management, Vol V, issue 1, paper 6
- Dennis, R. V., Lee, V., Viyannalage, L., Henderson, S. M. and S. Banerjee (2013): AntiCorrosive Graphene Coatings: An Active—Passive Alternative to Hexavalent Chro‐ mium Coatings,http//www.Rit.edu/affiliate/nysp2i/sites/rit.edu.affiliate.nysp2i/files/ Banerjee_metal_finishing_final.pdf, accessed on July 1, 2013
- Dolan, S. E., and L. R. Carlson (2007): US20077175882
- Durodola, B. M., Olugbuyiro, J. A. O., Moshood, S. A., Fayomi, O. S. and A.P.I. Po‐ poola (2011): Study of Influence of Zinc Plated Mild Steel Deterioration in Seawater Environment, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 6 5605 – 5616
- European Federation of Corrosion Working Party 7: Corrosion Education, 2012: (http://www.efcweb.org/Working+Parties/WP+Corrosion+Education/Definition+of +Corrosion.html)
- Effird, K.D., Wright, E.J., Boros, J.A., Hailey, T.G. (1993): Corelation of steel corrosion in pipe flow with jet impingement and rotating cylinder tests, Corrosion, 49, 992 – 1003
- Fontana, M.G (1987): Corrosion Engineering, 3rd Ed., Mc Graw-Hill Book Co, Singa‐ pore.
- Fayomi O. S. I. and A.P.I Popoola (2012): An Investigation of the Properties of Zn Coated Mild Steel, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 7 6555 – 6570
- Gasem, Z.M. (2013): ME 472: Corrosion engineering 1, ocw.kfupm.edu.sa/ocw.cours‐es/users062/ME4720102/LectureNotes/impact of Corrosion.pdf, accessed on 26/01/2013
- Genies, E. M., Boyle, A., Lapkowski, M., and C. Tsintavis (1990): Polyaniline: A his‐ torical survey, Synth. Met., 36: 139-182.
- Gospodinova, N., and L. Terlemezyan (1998): Conducting polymers prepared by oxi‐ dative polymerization, Polyaniline, Prog. Polym. Sci., 23: 1443- 1484.
- Guan, H. and R. G. Buchheit (2004): Corrosion protection of aluminium alloy 2024 T3 by vanadate conversion coatings, Corrosion, March 2004, NACE International, Hous‐ ton, Texas \
- Guosheng, H. Gu Daming, g., Li Xiangbo, L., and X. Lukuo (2013): Corrosion Behav‐ ior of Oxyacetylene Flame Sprayed Zn-Ni Composites Coating with Spray-dried Ag‐ glomerating Powders in Natural Seawater, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 8 2905 – 2917
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Pusuluri Sriharsha, Sumith Kumar, Birudala Raga Harshith Reddy, Rontala Saketh Reddy, "A Review on Corrosion Resistance of Ceramic Coated Materials", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.557-560, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732176.php