In today's construction activity the use of flat slab is quite common which enhances the weight reduction, speed up construction, and economical. Similarly from the beginning conventional slab has got place in providing features like more stiffness, higher load carrying capacity, safe and economical also. For analysis material properties like grade of concrete steel, density, modulus of elasticity, must be defined initially and also various loads like dead load, live load, SDL. In this present work direct approach is adopted for manual design of flat slab and check for punching shear using software. Flat slabs are more vulnerable to punching shear because of absence of beam. Analysis of flat and conventional slab structures has been done using ETABS software.
Rasna P, Safvana P, Jisha P
Flat Slab, Conventional Slab, Punching Shear, ETABS
- Patil S.S and Rupali A.Sigi (2014), Flat slab construction in India, (IJEIT), Vol.3, Issue 10.
- Sanjay P, Mahesh Prabhu, Umesh S (2014), Behavior of Flat slab RCC structure under Earth quake loading, IJERT, Vol. 3 Issue 5.
- Sumit Pahwa , Vivek Tiwari , Madhavi Prajapathi (2014) Comparative study of Flat slab with old traditional two way slab, IJLTET, Vol.4, Issue.2.
- Navyashree K, Sahana TS (2014), Use of Flat slab in multistory commercial building situated in high seismic zone, IJERT, Vol.3, issue 8.
- Anwar Shamkhi Jabbar Alkhazalil, Dr. N.V. Ramana Rao (2014), Siesmic analysis and comparison of different models of multistory buildings, IJSETR, Vol.3 Issue 21
- Lande P.S, Aniket .B.Raut (2015) Comparative study of Flat slab building with traditional two way slab building under seismic excitation, International Journal of Pure and applied research in engineering and technology, Vol.3(8)pp: 51-58.
- Mohana H.S, Kavan M.R (2015) Comparative study of Flat slab and conventional slab structure using ETABS for different Earth quake zones of India, IRJET, Vol. 2, Issue 3.
N Krishna Raju, Advanced reinforced concrete design, Edition 2
- Sushil kumar, Treasure of RCC design .
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rasna P, Safvana P, Jisha P, "Comparative Study of Analysis of Flat Slab and Conventional Slab Using ETAB Software", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.674-677, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1732177.php