Public safety event is a danger and urgent event that need early detection, fast response and exact recover. The efficient method for responding to a happening public safety event is to collect and describe the related data. In addition to the surveillance cameras from the physical space, the social media data can also be used to collect and describe the related data. In addition to the surveillance cameras from the physical space, the social media data can also be used to collect and describe the related data of a public safety event. In this paper the proposed method concentrates on the steps for describing public safety events. Given a public safety event, videos from the surveillance cameras and social messages from social sensors are collected. The different mode of information including texts, videos and spatial-temporal data is mined to give a description exactly and concisely. At first, the social sensors are associated to surveillance camera by the spatial and temporal information. Second, the social messages are associated to surveillance cameras by semantic information. In third step the social messages are associated to surveillance cameras by the visual features. Apart from the text, social sensors may upload images or videos. Finally the different mode of description is driven based on the three different associations.
Dhanya Vijay, S. Antony Mutharasan
Mobile crowd sensing, public safety events, social media, spatial-temporal data, surveillance cameras.
- Azfar A, Choo K-K R and Liu L 2016. An Android Social App Forensics Adversary Model. In Proceedings of 49th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2016),pp. 5597–5606, 5–8 January 2016, IEEE Computer Society Press.
- Ariffin A, Choo K-K R,and Yunos Z,2016. CCTV Forensic Readiness: A Case Study on Digital CCTV Systems. In Choo K-K R and Dehghantanha A, editors, Contemporary DigitalFo-rensic Investigations of Cloud and Mobile Applications, Syngress, an Imprint of Elsevier.
- Bai L, Lao S, Jones G, and Smeaton A. Video Semantic Content Analysis Based on Ontology. InProceedings of the 11th Inter-national Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference, 2007, 117-124.
- Chin P Y, Evans N and Choo K-K R 2015. Exploring Factors Influencing the Use of Enterprise Social Network in Multinational Professional Service Firms. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce 25(3): 289-315
- Chin C P-Y, Evans N and Choo K-K R 2015. Enterprise Social Networks: A Successful Implementation within aTelecommu-nication Company. In Proceedings of 21st Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2015), 13–15 August 2015, As-sociation for Information Systems.
- David A. Forsyth. Object Detection with Discriminatively Trained Part-Based Models. IEEE Computer 47(2): 6-7 (2014).
- Fan J, Aref W, Elmagarmid A, Hacid M, Marzouk M, and Zhu X. Multiview: Multilevel Video Content Representation andRe-trieval. Journal of Electronic Imaging, 2001, 10(4):895-908.
- C. Hu, Z.Xu, et al. Video Structured Description Technology for the New Generation Video Surveillance System. Frontiers of Computer Science, 2015, 9(6): 980-989.
- V. Krishnamurthy and H. Vincent Poor. A Tutorial on Interac-tive Sensing in Social Networks. IEEE Transactions on Computa-tional Social Systems, 1(1):3-21, 2014.
- X. Lu and C. Brelsford. Network Structure and Community Evolution on Twitter: Human Behavior Change in Response to the 2011 Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami. Scientific Reports, Article number: 6773, 2014.
- Marszalek M, Schmid C, and Inria M. Semantic hierarchies for visual object recognition. InProceedings of 2007 IEEE Comput-er Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recog-nition, 2007.
- G. Valkanas and D. Gunopulos. How the Live Web Feels about Events. In Proceedings of ACM Conference of Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 639-648, 2013.
- S.Wang, Y.Shang, J.Wang, L.Mei, and C.Hu. Deep Features for Person Re-identification,SKG 2015: 244-247.
- Z.Xu,H.Zhang,C.Hu,L.Mei,J.Xuan,K.R.Choo,V.Sugumaran,and Y.Zhu. Building knowledge base of urban emergency events based on crowdsourcing of social media. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2016,28(15):4038-4052.
- J. Xuan, X. Luo, G. Zhang, J. Lu, and Z.Xu. Uncertainty Analy-sis for the Keyword System of Web Events. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 46(6):829-842, 2016.
- Z.Xu et al. Semantic based representing and organizing sur-veillance big data using video structural description technology.The Journal of Systems and Software, 2015, 102, 217-225.
- C. Yang and X. Shi. Discovering event evolution graphs from newswires. In Proceedings of the 15th international World Wide Web conference, pp. 945-946, 2006.
- Yu-Gang Jiang, Jun Yang, Chong-Wah Ngo, Alexander G. Hauptmann. Representations of Keypoint-Based Semantic Con-cept Detection: A Comprehensive Study. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 12, issue 1, pp. 42-53, 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dhanya Vijay, S. Antony Mutharasan, "Multi-Modal Representation of Public Safety Events Using Social Media and Surveillance", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.51-57, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173218.php