In many practical applications of digital signal processing sampling rate conversion is a problem. The process of converting a signal from a given rate to a different rate is called Sampling Rate Conversion. Sampling rate conversion process may be based on an integer or a rational factor. In this paper, the process of rational sampling rate conversion is discussed in detail. Along with this, a complete survey of efficient structures for implementing the sampling-rate conversion by a rational factor of L/M is presented.
Priyati Gupta, Amita Verma, Ravikant Sharma
Sampling Rate Conversion, Rational Factor, Finite-impulse-response filter, Linear Phase, Multirate System
- Vesa Lehtinen, Djordje Babic and Markku Renfors, “ On impulse Response Symmetry of Farrow Interpolators in Rational Sample Rate Converter”, IEEE Conference on Control, Communication and Signal Processing, pp.693- 696, 2004.
- Robert Bregovic, Yong Chng and Tapio Saramaki,“ Frequency Response Masking Based Design of Two-Channel FIR Filterbanks with Rational Sampling Factors and Reduces Implementation Complexity”, IEEE International Conference on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, pp. 121-126, 2005.
- Oscar Gutafsson and Hakan Johanson, “ Implementation of polyphase decomposed FIR filters for interpolation and decimation using multiple constant multiplication techniques”, IEEE Asia Pasific Conference on Circuits and Systems, pp. 924-927, 2006.
- Oscar Gutafsson and Hakan Johanson, “Efficient Implementation of FIR Filter Based Rational Sampling Rate Converters Using Constant Matrix Multiplication”, IEEE International Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 888-891, 2006.
- Kyung-Ju Cho, Ji-Suk Park and Byeong-Kuk Kim, “Design of a Sample-Rate Converter From CD to DAT Using Fractional Delay All pass Filter”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 54, No.1, pp. 19-23, January 2007.
- Robert Bregovic, Ya Jun Yu and Ari Viholainen, “Implementation of Linear-Phase FIR Nearly Perfect Reconstruction Cosine-Modulated Filter banks Utilizing the Coefficient Symmetry”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 139-151, January 2010.
- Muhammad ali siddiqui, Nabeel Samad and Shahid Masud, “FPGA based Implementation of Efficient Sample Rate Conversion for Software defined Radios”, IEEE International Conference on computer and Information Technology, pp. 2387-2390, 2010.
- Robert Bregovic, Ya JunYu, Tapio Saramaki, “Implementation of Linear-Phase FIR Filters for a Rational Sampling-Rate Conversion Utilizing the Coefficient Symmetry”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 548-561, March 2011.
- Yu Huijun, “Design Of A Sample-Rate Converter Based On Least-Square Method”, IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Processing, pp. 332-335, June 2012.
- K. R. Nataraj, Dr S. Ramachandran and Dr B. S. Nagabushan, “Design of Architecture for Sampling Rate Converter of demodulator”, IEEE International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 2, pp. 427-430, 2009.
- Takahashi N, Takago D,“Efficient multistage Implementation of Rational Sampling Rate Converter”, IEEE International Conference on Circuit Theory and Design, pp. 1-4, September 2013.
- Haipeng Kuang and Dejiang Wang,“An 8- channel, Area efficient, low power Audio Sampling Rate Converter”, IEEE International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments, pp. 262-265, August 2009.
- Raini J,Van Beneden,“Equalizing Sampling Rate converter for Storage Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and signal Processing, Vol. 3, May 2006.
- Toshiba Corp and Kawasaki,“An Area Efficient Sampling Rate Converter Using Negative Feedback”, IEEE International Conference on circuits and systems, pp. 1922-1925, May 2008.
- D. Sinha, A. K. Verma and S. Kumar, "Sample rate conversion technique for software defined radio receiver," 2016 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO), Coimbatore, 2016, pp. 1-7.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Priyati Gupta, Amita Verma, Ravikant Sharma, "A Survey on Efficient Rational Sampling Rate Conversion Algorithms", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.58-63, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173225.php