Mobile Ad hoc Networks play an key role in crisis communications where network needs to be fabricated temporarily and quickly. Since the nodes move erratically, routing protocols must be highly current and consistent to guarantee successful packet delivery. Based on the data delivery structure, most of the existing multicast routing protocols can be classified into two folders: tree-based and mesh-based. We observe that tree-based ones have high furthering proficiency and low consumptions of bandwidth, and they may have poor robustness because only one link occurs between two nodes. As a tree centered multicast routing protocol, MAODV (Multicast Ad hoc On-demand Vector) shows an excellent performance in lightweight ad hoc networks. As the load of network increases, Quality of Service is degraded obviously. In this paper, we evaluate the impact of network load on MAODV protocol, and propose an optimized protocol MAODV-BB (Multicast Ad hoc On-demand Vector with Backup Branches), which improves stoutness of the MAODV protocol by combining advantages of the tree structure and the mesh structure
K. Navaneethan, V. Prasannakumar, M. Vignesh, N. Purushothaman
MANET'S, Routing Algorithm, Backup Branches, Tree Structure, Mesh Structure.
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), Mobile Ad H oc Networks (MANET) Working Group Charter 2006, http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ manet-charter.html.
- Conti M, Giordano S. Multihop Ad hoc networking: the theoryJ. IEEE Communications Magazine, 2007, 45 (4): 78-86.
- Luo Junhai, Ve Danxia, Xue Liu and Fan Mingyu, "A survey of multicastrouting protocols for mobile ad-hoc networks," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 78-91, 2009.
- Soni S.K. and Aseri T.Ci, "A review of current multicast routing protocol of mobile ad hoc network," in Proc. Second Int. Conf. Computer Modeling and Simulation ICCMS' 10, vol. 3, pp.207-211, 2010.
- K. Viswanath, K. Obraczka, and G. Tsudik, "Exploring mesh and tree based multicast routingprotocols for manets," vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 28- 42,2006.
- E. M. Royer and C. E. Perkins, "Multicast ad hoc on-demand distance vector (maodv) routing," draft-ietf-manet-maodv-OO.txt, 2000.
- W. S. Vunjung Vi Sung-Ju Le and M. Gerla, " On-demand multicast routing protocol (odmrp) for ad hoc networks," draft-ietf-manet-odmrp- 04.txt, 2002.
- Hua Chen, Zhengxiang. Van, Baolin Sun, Vue Zeng, Xianying He, An Entropy-Based Longlife Multicast Routing Protocol in MAODV.2009 ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management, 2009, Page(s): 314 -317.
- Mingyang Zhong, Vunqing Fu, Xinqiang Jia. "MAODV multicast routing protocol based on node mobility prediction ", E -Business and E -Government (ICEE), 2011 International Conference, June, 2011.
- Baolin Sun, Hua Chen, and Layuan Li, "A Reliable Multicast Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computer Communication (ICCC2004), Beijing, China, September, 2004, pp. 1123-1129.
- CheeOnn Chow, Hiroshi Ishii. Video multicast over mobile ad hoc networks: Multiple-Tree Multicast Ad Hoc On-demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol (MT -MAODV). The 18th Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile R adio Communications (PIMRC07). Sept. 2007.
- Hong Tang, Fei Xue, Peng Huang. MP-MAODV: a MAODV-Based Multi-path Routing Algorithm. IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing. 2008 , Page(s): 296- 301.
- Xiaohua Chen, Qiu Zhong, Danpu Liu, An Improved MAODV Based on Mobility Prediction and Self-pruning Flooding, In Proceedings of IEEEICCMC -2009, China, Jan, 2009, pp.127 -131.
- The Network Simulator - NS-2: http://www.isi.edu/ nsnam/ns.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
K. Navaneethan, V. Prasannakumar, M. Vignesh, N. Purushothaman, "Optimized Multicast Routing Algorithm Based on Tree Structure in MANETs", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.86-90, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173248.php