This study is regarding the feasibility study of irrigation system of Khor Village in Daund Taluka, Pune district of Maharashtra in terms of Agricultural Performance, Water Use, and Financial aspects. Various indicators are used to evaluate agricultural water use and financial performance of irrigation system. The Agricultural indicators reveal that only for summer season output per crop area is good because of growing crops of high prices otherwise for Kharif and Rabi season the results are not acceptable. The Water use indicator reveal that for Kharif and Summer season more or less water demand and water supply is meeting but for Rabi season the crops are not getting enough water to meet their demand. The result of financial indicators is not upto a satisfactory level.
Rahul Chandan, Deepali Kulkarni, N. R. Patil
Feasibility Studies, Relative Water Supply, Water Scarcity, Crop Area, O&M Cost.
- P. M. Ingle, S.E. Shinde , M.S. Mane, R.T. Thokal and Ayare B.L 2012-2013 , “Performance Evaluation of a Minor Irrigation Scheme ; Research Journal of Recent Sciences”, ISSN 2277-2502,Vol. 4(ISC-2014), 19-24 (2015)
- Vyas V.S. and Mathai G. (1978), “Farm and Non-farm Employment in Rural Areas: Perspective for Economic Planning”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 28(6, 7), p.85.
- Ghumman A.R., R.A. Khan, H.N. Hashmi, M.A. Kamal, and I.T. Khan (2011), “Performance assessment of canal irrigation in Pakistan”, African journal of agriculture research, ISSN: 1991-637X, vol. 6(12), Issue June, 18, 2011, page no. 2692-2698.
- Irajpoor A.A. (2011), “Performance of Irrigation Projects and their impacts on poverty reduction and its empowerment in arid environment”, article, Int. J. Environmental science & technology, ISSN 1735-1472, vol.8 (3), page no. 533-544.
- Suryawanshi S.D. and Kapase P.M. (1985), “Impact of Chod Irrigation Project on Employment of female Agricultural Labour”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. XL, No. 3, July- September, page no..240-244.
- H.P Singh, M.R Sharma, Quamrul Hassan and Naved Ahsan, “Performance Evaluation of Irrigation Project-A case study of Lift Irrigation Scheme Sirsa Manjholi in Solan area of Shivalik Himalayas”, Asian Journal of Adv. Basic Science, ISSN: 2347-4114, vol. 1(1), August 26,2013, page no. 79-86.
- Hayrettin Kuscu, Filiz Eren Boluktepe and Ali Osman Demir, “Performance assessment for irrigation water management: A case study in the Karacabey irrigation scheme in Turkey”, African Journal of Agricultural Research, ISSN: 1991- 637X, vol. 4(2), February 2009, page no. 124-132.
- H.P Singh, M.R Sharma, “Performance Evaluation of Bhabour Sahib Medium Irrigation Project”, Asian Journal of Adv. Basic Science, ISSN: 2347-4114, vol. 2(2), June 2014 page no. 59-65
- Indicators for comparative performance of Irrigated Agriculture System by David J. Molden, R.Saakthivadivel, Christopher J. Perry and Charlotte de Fraiture
- Hiremath K.C. (1984), “Report on Socio-Economic Impact of Irrigation Projects”, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 39(3) p.559.
- Sanjay S. Phadnis and Mukul Kulsreshtha, “Benchmarking As a tool for Improvement of System Performance: A Case Study of Samrat Ashok sagar Irrigation project, Madhya Pradesh, India”, Journal of Environmental Research And Development, ISSN: 0973-6921, vol. 5 No.4, April-June 2011 page 984-996
- Yusuf Kedir Hassen , Assessment of small scale irrigation using comparative performance indicators on two selected schemes in upper Awash river valley.
- M. Sener, S.Albut, “Irrigation Performance Assessment in Turkey: Thrace region Case Study” Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, ISSN: 1310-0351, vol. 17(No.4), 2011, page no. 521-530
- Taqveem Ali Khan and Adil Abbasi.M, “Synthesis of parameters used to check the suitability of water for irrigation purposes” International Journal of Environmental Sciences, ISSN: 0976-4402, volume 3, No.6, 2013
- W.A.S. Lakmali , E.R.N. Gunawardena and N.D.K. Dayawansa, “Comparative Performance Assessment of Major Irrigation System in Upper Dedura Oye Basin”, Tropical Agricultural Research vol. 26 (2): 343-354 (2015)
- Deepak Padekar, T. Bhattacharyya, S.K. Ray,”P.Tiwary and P.Chandran, Influence of irrigation water on black soils in Amravati district, Maharashtra” Special Section: Soil and water management.
- D Isidoro, D Quilez and R Aragues,”Water balance and irrigation performance analysis: La Violada irrigation district (Spain) as a case study”, Agricultural Water Management, Vol. 64, Issue 2, 15 January, 2004, pages 123-142.
- Dr. C.N. Kokate and Mr. Ganesh Bade, “Participatory Irrigation Management: A Case Study”Proceeding of International Conference SWRDM-2012.
- Todkari G.U., Patil B.D., “Kamble S.S and Patil P.N., Irrigation Pattern in Solapur district of Maharashtra: A Geographical analysis” Geoscience Research ISSN: 0976-9846, vol. 1 issue 2, page- 22-27.
- B.S Katkar and Milind C. Ahire, “A study on adoption of drip irrigation system in Maharashtra State”, International Journal of Agricultural Science, vol. 2 no.2 January 2006, page 335-337.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rahul Chandan, Deepali Kulkarni, N. R. Patil, "Feasibility Analysis of Irrigation System in terms of Agricultural, Financial and Water Use Performance : A Case Study of Khor village of Daund Taluka, Pune", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.276-281, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173291.php