This paper focuses on the various researches on CFD analysis in the field of heat exchanger. Shell and tube heat exchanger is an indirect contact type heat exchange as it consists of a series of tubes, through which one of the fluids runs. They are widely used in power plant, chemical plants, petrochemical plants and automotive applications. Different turbulence models available in general purpose commercial CFD tools likesí k-? model, K-? model and K- ? SST models. Different CFD code available like CFX, FLUENT. The quality of the solution has proved that CFD is effective to predict the behavior and performance of a wide variety of heat exchanger.
J. Sandeep Kumar, RNSV. Ramakanth, T. Pavan Kumar, S. Ramakrishna
Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger, CFD computational fluid dynamics, Heat Transfer Characteristics, effectiveness.
- Master, B. I., Chunangad, K. S.,and Pushpanathan, V., 2003, "Fouling Mitigation Using Helixchanger Heat Exchangers,"Proceedings of the ECI Conference on Heat Exchanger Fouling and Cleaning: Fundamentals and Applications, Santa Fe, NM, May 18–22, pp. 317–322
- Bell, K. J., 1981, "Delaware Method for Shell Side Design,"Heat ExchangersThermal Hydraulic Fundamentals and Design, S. Kakac, A. E. Bergles, and F.Mayinger, eds., Taylor & Francis, Washington, DC.
- Bell, K. J., 1986, "Delaware Method of Shell Side Design,"Heat ExchangerSourcebook, J. W. Pallen, ed., Hemisphere, Washington, DC.
- Bell, K. J., 1988, "Delaware Method of Shell-Side Design,"Heat TransferEquipment Design, R. K. Shah, E. C. Sunnarao, and R. A. Mashelkar, eds.,Taylor & Francis, New York.
- Schlünder, E. U., ed., 1983,Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, Vol. 3, Hemi-sphere, Washington, DC
- Stehlik, P., Nemcansky, J., and Kral, D., 1994, "Comparison of CorrectionFactors for Shell-and-Tube Heat Exchangers With Segmental or HelicalBaffles," Heat Transfer Eng.,151, pp. 55–65.
- Schlünder, E. U., ed., 1983Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, Vol. 2, Hemisphere, Washington, DC.
- Gaddis, E. S., and Gnielinski, V., 1997, "Pressure Drop on the Shell Side ofShell-and-Tube Heat Exchangers With Segmental Baffles," Chem. Eng. Pro-cess.,362, pp. 149–159.
- 54Kuppan, T., 2000,Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, Marcel Dekker, NewYork.
- J.P. Holman, Heat Transfer, 9thEdition, McGraw-Hill, 2002.
- Peters, M.S., Timmerhaus, K.D., and West, R.E., Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers,McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
J. Sandeep Kumar, RNSV. Ramakanth, T. Pavan Kumar, S. Ramakrishna, "Analysis of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger by using CFD Tool", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.306-310, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173295.php