The petrol which is used as fuel in SI engine is replaced by acetylene gas, which contains pollutant less or negligible amount of pollutants. Due to increasing rates of petrol common people are facing difficulties, in order to overcome this difficulties we use acetylene gas which is cheap and easily available. Acetylene is a hydrocarbon compound and is the simplest form of alkyne. There are many gases such as LPG (liquefied petroleum gas), CNG (compressed natural gas), and LNG (liquefied natural gas). Which can be used as fuel to SI Engine, but acetylene is the cheapest and best gas when compared with them.
Mohammed Masood, Syed Azam Pasha Quadri, Md. Tarique Anwar, Mohammed Shazer Bari, Mohd. Abdul Rasheed
SI engine, Carbide, Control valves, Acetylene, Alternate fuel, Exhaust emissions.
- Ganesan Internal Combustion Engine. 3rd ed .Singapore: McGraw Hill Book Company 2007.
- G.A. karim, “The dual-fuel compression ignition type prospects-problem and solution-A review’’. SAE Paper No 831073,1983
- Heywood JB. Internal Combustion engine fundamentals. Singapore: McGraw Hill Book Company; 1998.
- H. Rao, K.N shrivastava,N.H.Bhakta, “Hydrogen for dual fuel engine operation’’ . Int. J.Hydrogen Energy,Vol.8,1983,381-384.
- J.Wulff, W.Hulett ,L.Sunggyu, “Internal Combustion system using acetylene fuel’’ United State Patent No 6076487.
- L.M. Das, “Hydrogen engine research and development (R & D) programmes in IIT’’.Int.J.Hydrogen Energy,Vol. 27,2002,953-965.
- Prabin K. Sharma et al.: “Use of Acetylene as an Alternative Fuel in IC Engine” proceeding of Retch Symposium Compendium, Volume 1, March 2012.
- N. Swami, J.M. Mallikarjuna, A. Ramesh, “HCCI engine operation with acetylene the fuel”. SAE paper no 2008-28-0032.
- Anshu Kumar ACETYLENE USED AS ALTERNATIVE FUEL IN PETROL ENGINE[Kumar*et al., 5(7): July, 2016]
- DAVID L. H G.A Karim , N.P.W. Moore, “The knock in dual-fuel engines” Proc Unstn Mechanical engineers , Vol.181,1966-67, 453-466
- ILDEN & RUSSELL F. STEBAR
- .SUYASH KAMAL SONI, FABRICATION OF S.I. ENGINE TO USE ACETYLENE AS FUEL
- Proceedings of 11th IRF International Conference, 15th February-2015.
- C Gunea, M.R.M Razavi, G.A Karim, “The effects of piolotsfuel quality on dual-fuel engine ignition delay”, SAE paper No 982453,1998.
- V.M.S. Ashok, N.I. Khan, “Experimental investigation on use of welding gas (Acetylene) on SI Engine”. Proceedings of AER Conference, IIT, 2006.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mohammed Masood, Syed Azam Pasha Quadri, Md. Tarique Anwar, Mohammed Shazer Bari, Mohd. Abdul Rasheed, "Acetylene Used as a Fuel in SI Engine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.294-297, March-April-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET173296.php